Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Cmike241

Swimming in credit card debt

9 hours ago, Cmike241 said:

Progress report: cancelled home phone and cable, now only have internet on slowest, still good for movies, etc.  

Monthly cost before change 210.00 (phone,cable internet)

Monthly cost now 49.99 (just internet)

😊

Yeah reading this thread kinda inspired me to do the same.  We're paying for Verizon Fios triple play package with ALL the premium channels, but then I realized because of Xbox, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc., the only time we watch any actual TV is when there's a game on. lol  So I made the same call you did and cut all those channels out. lol

19 hours ago, Cmike241 said:

Progress report: cancelled home phone and cable, now only have internet on slowest, still good for movies, etc.  

Monthly cost before change 210.00 (phone,cable internet)

Monthly cost now 49.99 (just internet)

😊

Beatiful!  

That's almost $2k a year in savings.  

Progress report: Fired lawn guy 100 every 3 weeks

Bought $150 (clearance and 10% employee discount) lawn mower and 199 weed eater . Have an acre to cut I'll get exercise amd save money. 

On 8/9/2018 at 9:33 PM, Cmike241 said:

Lol, good framework for us to get back to!  Since I'm going to be cancelling home phone and cable off the cable service, we'll have to keep netflix/ prime for stay at home entertainment,  trying to avoid family mutiny.  

I have the sprint bill down to 150/month 4 lines unlimited would MVNO be better? How to get started with MVNO?

You can get phone service for $25 a month. No contract (month-to-month)

Big huge +1 to bagged lunch and cans of tuna. I recently found out I can get cans of tuna for 80 cents a can, and that they cost better than the expensive stuff. I had to switch stores.

1 hour ago, Torpedo said:

You can get phone service for $25 a month. No contract (month-to-month)

Big huge +1 to bagged lunch and cans of tuna. I recently found out I can get cans of tuna for 80 cents a can, and that they cost better than the expensive stuff. I had to switch stores.

I'm all in with the tuna and bringing lunch to work.  

And who can provide 25/month for four lines ? I can see 1 line but i have family with 4 lines, was considering a deal with metropcs for 100 for 4 lines, then i got rid of the equipment insurance and I'm down to $125  for 4 lines, with a govt employee discount.  I'm still in process thinking about this cell ph svc issue, just don't want complete family mutiny especially so soon after getting rid of cable and home phone.

1.  Who cares about a family mutiny?  If anything, you're teaching them a valuable lesson on finances AND what's really important. 

2.  Many CCs offer mobile phone insurance if you pay the bill with that CC.

13 minutes ago, Konrad2012 said:

1.  Who cares about a family mutiny?  If anything, you're teaching them a valuable lesson on finances AND what's really important. 

2.  Many CCs offer mobile phone insurance if you pay the bill with that CC.

I'm caring less about family mutiny, I'll check on that cc coverage. 

13 hours ago, Cmike241 said:

I'm caring less about family mutiny, I'll check on that cc coverage. 

Wells Fargo personal cards have the mobile phone insurance.  They have a couple with no annual fees.

The Uber card has it.  It has no annual fee.

I'd imagine there are others. 

6 hours ago, Konrad2012 said:

Wells Fargo personal cards have the mobile phone insurance.  They have a couple with no annual fees.

The Uber card has it.  It has no annual fee.

I'd imagine there are others. 

I'll check it!

8 hours ago, luckydriver said:

h20 is an att network that is 20 bucks a month unlimted talk and text. i think 500 mb data

20/mth total for 4 lines, or per line? 

Edited by Cmike241

7 hours ago, Cmike241 said:

I have my parents and my aunt on one account with Consumer Cellular, which runs on AT&T.  With unlimited talk and texting plus up to 2 GB of data per month the total bill is ~$68.  Additional lines are $10/month + taxes.

I know some telecom geeks who assure me that this is by far NOT the lowest-priced, reliable MVNO option out there.  

Money isn't really an issue and they're happy with the service, so I've had zero motivation to re-shop this for them.  I'm just offering this as a frame of reference.