Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
nyccccc

Opening Business Checking Account Chexsystems

I'm trying to get a business checking account in New York City but was denied by CapitalOne Spark and another bank for an entry in ChexSystems. I'm assuming it was an overdraft fee from over a year ago from a closed personal checking account. This issue was resolved a year ago, so my question is, is there a bank that would approve me for a business checking account?

Otherwise, should I have my wife as the signer? Really want to get this business checking account opened.

5 hours ago, nyccccc said:

I'm trying to get a business checking account in New York City but was denied by CapitalOne Spark and another bank for an entry in ChexSystems. I'm assuming it was an overdraft fee from over a year ago from a closed personal checking account. This issue was resolved a year ago, so my question is, is there a bank that would approve me for a business checking account?

Otherwise, should I have my wife as the signer? Really want to get this business checking account opened.

Try some of the bigger banks. I know PNC, Fifth Third , Key , Chase, US Bank, will run only the EIN and not the signer. Woodforest even has a 2nd chance business account. But PNC, Key, and 5/3 may later run EWS on the signer, you will be fine if not on EWS.    Another option, right now, First Commonwealth Bank has branches in PA ( dont know how far you are from PA ) but you can open a business account at a branch or a personal account online. Currently, they are not looking at chexsystems reports and just by passing them, they believe everyone should have chance, I have driven miles and days to get an account. 

Is your business an INC, LLP, LLC or are you a sole proprietor? I'll post options for NYC.

Edited by tmcgill

Possible options for a business account in the NY area.

**To save time and a possible wasted inquiry, always call and verify current approval requirements.

Woodforest Bank - woodforestbank.com

Runs Chexsystems but offers second chance accounts.

PNC Bank - pnc.com

**Has been known to approve with negative Chexsystems information.

Affinity Credit Union - affinityfcu.com

(Ways to Join) https://www.affinityfcu.com/join-affinity/eligibility.aspx

**They use to run a credit report. Call and verify their current approval process.

Peoples Alliance Credit Union - pafcu.org

(Membership Requirements) https://www.pafcu.org/membership/

**When I last recommended them, they were verifying identity only.

Edited by tmcgill