Sign in to follow this  
Jt92iceTaylor

What to do for an account going to collections

Hi, My namer is Jonathan Taylor I am posting to get help with a debt that I owe, that will go into collections. I do not have the funding to pay it off. so I need to know what are my other options? Please help 

thank you 

39 minutes ago, Jt92iceTaylor said:

Hi, My namer is Jonathan Taylor I am posting to get help with a debt that I owe, that will go into collections. I do not have the funding to pay it off. so I need to know what are my other options? Please help 

thank you 

Welcome to CB! What kind of debt is it? A credit card payment, car payment, etc.?

6 minutes ago, breeze said:

OK, has the phone been cut off? Did you get a cut off notice? 

yes the account was terminated, the account has 5 phones attached to it. and I do not have possession of the phones. And sprint is is requesting for the full amount of the price of the phones 

That's a tough situation. Can you make payment arrangements, you know set up a plan where you make monthly payments to pay it off? If the account is really yours, that's about your only option. It's most likely already on your credit report, or will be soon, so worry about that part later. 

4 hours ago, breeze said:

That's a tough situation. Can you make payment arrangements, you know set up a plan where you make monthly payments to pay it off? If the account is really yours, that's about your only option. It's most likely already on your credit report, or will be soon, so worry about that part later. 

I spoke to the guy in charge of my account at sprint, and said it had to be paid in full 

If I were in your shoes, I'd have to tell him that's impossible, but that you're willing to make payments. Just repeat that until he gives up. If they send it to a collection agency, it isn't the end of the world. 

12 hours ago, breeze said:

If I were in your shoes, I'd have to tell him that's impossible, but that you're willing to make payments. Just repeat that until he gives up. If they send it to a collection agency, it isn't the end of the world. 

I tried, the guy that is responsible for my account at sprint states, because the account is closed the payment of $5,557.44 has to be paid in full. 

If you don't have money, you don't have money.  Nothing much else to be done at this stage. Wait and see what Sprint does.

A $5500.00 phone bill? Are you serious? How did they calculate that one? I would look for discrepancies in the billing and file for arbitration through the consumer agreement, which is on line. They fold pretty easily when faced with a 50K arbitration bill, and they have to pay for it.  They tried something similar with me for less than $200. The check they eventually wrote me was for a lot more than that.

On 8/6/2018 at 7:49 PM, Jt92iceTaylor said:

yes the account was terminated, the account has 5 phones attached to it. and I do not have possession of the phones. And sprint is is requesting for the full amount of the price of the phones