policebox

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard sold to First Bank & Trust as Mercury MasterCard

On 8/14/2018 at 8:51 AM, Konrad2012 said:

Why close it? It's a new positive aged post-BK account.  That's a good thing. 

7 hours ago, policebox said:

You're right. I'm micromanaging and worrying unnecessarily. 

I actually misspoke.  It's not a "new" positive aged account, it's an "additional" positive aged account. 

I too received the letter but upon further researching I found an interesting fact about this Mercury card offered by this bank in Brookings SD and that is they are using the same payment mailing address that Barclays uses in PA so it appears that they are a division of the Barclays card, unusual that they would have or share the same payment address

I received the same letter. I have a Juniper Mastercard that I got over 12 years ago. Small AF and low interest with a good CL. My score when I got it was above 750 and is better now. Not sure how I'm considered "middle market". Definitely not happy about having an established card replaced with no-name card. It's also telling that Barclay's didn't even bother to notify customers, but rather left that to a third party.

I have the Barclay rewards MC and used to use it for the 2% cash back for utilities (which was the only reason I applied for it).

I'm beginning to hate Barclays.

I have perfect credit (no negs) and generally carry a zero balance on all cards.

Yet TWICE they have decreased my credit limit while other cards continue to increase my limits.

Both times was when I was taking a trip abroad.  I didn't want to log onto a credit card site to pay my balances down to zero from a foreign ISP. So some cards cut with a balance before I returned home (nothing significant - 3 cards under 30%).  Yet, both times they reduced my credit limit. 

Anybody curious what their desired market is. I have never had a problem personally but undesirable data keeps coming in.

They are reported as difficult, their technology is behind (mailing documents). Approval rarely smooth. They discontinue cards, they sell accounts.

It sounds like somebody married but actually wants a divorce.

So their desired market and growth in the U.S is?

My son and I received the letters and new cards to activate for Sept 24th on just the MC Barclaycard Rewards, but not for my Barclaycard Financing card.

After two months of having the Mercury MasterCard, I received an auto CLI of $750, giving me a new limit of $5,900.

This still makes it my lowest limit card, but it was nice to see an increase after only two months, considering Barclays never raised the limit in 2.5 years.

My spending has been putting about $1,200 a month in utilities on the card, then paying in full before the statement cuts.