AmEx Centurion Lounge DFW Will Be Closed For Repairs From 7/24 Until 8/14

The last post in this topic was posted 994 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My new policy is to avoid the CL at DFW unless I have a very long layover and it's meal time.  I'm connecting at DFW on the 30th, but with barely an hour on the ground I wouldn't have gone to the CL anyway.

I'm hoping the new larger CL is as pleasant as the original one at DFW -- when it first opened.  The past several months it's been a war zone.

Note on alternatives:  The Admirals Club in Terminal D is currently closed for remodeling, and the Priority Pass network lounge (also in D) has capacity controls so you may not get past the sofas next to the elevator...  not that I arrive or depart from D very often anyway.  

That leaves Minute Suites in A and D (via PP) for most Platinum cardholders.  

You'll find me in the Admirals Club in A or C on the 30th.

The only time I went and paid for a lounge was at a United lounge years ago at SFO. I had something like a 10 hour layover flying to Sydney, Australia. I feel I wasted my money. Sleeping on the floor in a corner of the International Terminal would be an improvement. I've read about travelers trying to sneak into a lounge. Not this one. Trying to escape: yes, sneaking in: no.

On 7/21/2018 at 5:16 PM, Burgerwars said:

The only time I went and paid for a lounge was at a United lounge years ago at SFO. I had something like a 10 hour layover flying to Sydney, Australia. I feel I wasted my money. Sleeping on the floor in a corner of the International Terminal would be an improvement. I've read about travelers trying to sneak into a lounge. Not this one. Trying to escape: yes, sneaking in: no.

ANY time wasted at United Lounge in SFO is time you wasted...paying for it is even worse.  That lounge has LONG sucked...there are Korean call girls that don't suck that long.

The last post in this topic was posted 994 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.