Sign in to follow this  
Tigz

Kirkland Coffee (Costco brand), anyone drink it?

I'll be hitting the Costco while down in Jax.  I usually drink Donut Shop® brand.  (I drink others, but tend to default back to that one).  

The last time I was down there I saw that the Kirkland brand (Costco's store brand) is somewhat cheaper....but there is no way to buy in less than 120 K-cups.   I looked around but they didn't have any sample sizes to buy.  I've also googled around and can't seem to find any sample size packages.  

So does anyone drink this type?  Is it decent (in comparison to other k-cup type coffee)  I would hate to buy 120 of these things if I end up not liking it.

They also have a 3lb ground coffee can for Colombian coffee (which is different than their K-cup coffees)...but then again, the same problem....3 lbs is a bunch of coffee.
it is actually a bit irritating.  Depending on brew method, they have different types of coffee that don't compare to each other.  For K-cup, they have Breakfast Blend, Pacific Bold, and House Decaf.  For their ground coffee they have Colombian and Decaf...for their whole bean, they have 10 different varieties, but none match up to the k-cups.  (you know, like starbucks...you have Pikes Peak, but they match up in name regardless if it is ground, whole bean, or k-cup) 

I did. It’s decent. I used to buy 3lb ground medium roast coffee bags. I switched to McCafe and Gevalia brands because the Kirkland bags lost a long time for me. I am not a coffee snob. Something black-brown is sufficient for me. Never bought beans or K-cups.

Did you know you can return Costco food items if you don’t like them? Even half used.

I overheard a Costco employee mention the Kirkland coffee is really "second quality" of Maxwell House. Just like Kirkland bourbon is really Woodford Reserve that didn't pass the proof and quality test for Woodford.

I overheard a Costco employee mention the Kirkland coffee is really "second quality" of Maxwell House. Just like Kirkland bourbon is really Woodford Reserve that didn't pass the proof and quality test for Woodford.

You seem to overhear lot of wrong people. Costco sells Folgers and Maxwell brand coffee which are cheaper than some Costco Kirkland brand coffee.

People seem to like it: https://www.frugalwoods.com/2015/06/22/is-costco-coffee-any-good-we-bravely-discover/

I like Kirkland coffee. I tried the Colombian dark roast fine grind, and bought it again. AFA Maxwell House - MH tastes like crap. So far, every Kirkland brand I've tried of anything (like Pecan halves) it was excellent quality.

We've bought various Costco coffees and have settled on something called Joses' Vanilla Nut. We grind it each morning. Just has a touch of vanilla. Add a bit of cream and maple syrup. Yum.

I've had the Kirkland K-cups and wasn't a big fan... but coffee is a varied taste where  one's dirt is another's gold. It sounds like you are not very near the Costco so it may not be convenient, but I believe they have a very good "return if unsatisfied policy that would cut your risk down a lot if you are prepared to utilize it.

Edited by mec