Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

paulschatz

Is Discover back up to their old tricks regarding CLI's?

My last CLI with Discover was March 26th when they took me from $19K to $21K. So, naturally, I calendared a reminder to myself to ask for my 90 CLI on or after June 26th. I've tried for an increase several times since then and get the usual "Too Bad, So Sad" reply from them. The letter in the mail says insufficient experience at current credit limit. What gives? Are they up to their old tricks again? 

Yes, my last increase was March 13th (around the same time).  At the 90-day mark, I requested another CLI but was declined with the "insufficient experience at current credit limit".  Over the last few months, I have hit the luv button frequently with the same results even after making very large purchases using the card and paying off.   The reason provided is bogus.

discover and other subprime cards are not the best at giving high limits.

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

discover and other subprime cards are not the best at giving high limits.

Yes, I just can't go a month without exceeding the limit on my $49,500 CL Discover card

35 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Yes, I just can't go a month without exceeding the limit on my $49,500 CL Discover card

It seems like the sky's the limit with rewards at 1% back until you bump into that pesky limit.

2 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

a few people get that high with discovery. not that 49.5k is high

I haven't gotten one in a while either. Coming up on 180 days in a week. I am hoping that is the magic number.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk