Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

Get miles for your currency exchange

Be ready for your trip to hell and earn miles towards your next adventure too. Choose Travelex for currency exchange and you can earn 1 mile for every 2 dollars exchanged, or 1 mile per dollar when you exchange over $500

$18 or so from today's spot price no service fee and free overnight shipping with >$1,000 purchase.

Earlier today I ordered some currency from Bank of America for a trip we're taking next month.  They recently added free shipping and a more favorable exchange rate for Preferred Rewards customers.

"Standard shipping" is free, but it generally arrives the next business day.

Let's compare.

Travelex:                 $1,047.43 + 193.05 = $1,240.48

Bank of America:  $1,005.98 + 184.88 - 11.91 = $1,178.95

So I could have gotten 1,240 United miles for ($1,240.48 - 1,178.95) = $61.53, or 5 cents per mile.  🤮

nJp7UKK.png

FsMTBQg.png

MPx3Zxf.png

Edited by cv91915

Earlier today I ordered some currency from Bank of America for a trip we're taking next month.  They recently added free shipping and a more favorable exchange rate for Preferred Rewards customers.
"Standard shipping" is free, but it generally arrives the next business day.
Let's compare.
Travelex:                 $1,047.43 + 193.05 = $1,240.48
Bank of America:  $1,005.98 + 184.88 - 11.91 = $1,178.95
So I could have gotten 1,240 United miles for ($1,240.48 - 1,178.95) = $61.53, or 5 cents per mile.  
nJp7UKK.png
FsMTBQg.png

MPx3Zxf.png

You would get a better exchange rate using your boa card at a UK Barclays branch ATM.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, peter4lisa said:

You would get a better exchange rate using your boa card at a UK Barclays branch ATM.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I never leave the US without some local currency for my destination country(ies), and I never arrive in another country without having a solution for my data needs arranged in advance. 

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines