Sign in to follow this  
RaYdAwG005

OMG I actually got good credit!

Folks, you have 2 choices:  You can either sit there wondering why other people have what they have and can do what they can do, while you don't and can't, OR you can learn how to get what they have.  I chose the latter.  

Here's my testimony:  10 months ago, my credit was so bad and scores were so low, I couldn't even borrow from myself (joke).  I watched my brother fix up his and his wife's credit 15 years ago. Since then, they bought 2 homes, 1 in Baltimore and 1 in Pittsburgh.  He was telling me that he was at the point where he could walk into any dealership and walk out with a new car, just like that, with no money down.  I admit, I was kinda jealous of that.  ME ON THE OTHER HAND, I remember one time coming home from driving over the road and trying to rent a car (with cash) for the weekend, and I couldn't because they required a credit card, which nobody in their right mind would ever give me.  I was actually delusional enough to apply for a credit card.  I'm surprised they didn't call the cops on me! 😂 I remember having to pay a huge deposit just to get a cell phone.
4 months after making a decision to fix my broken credit report, starting a credit repair program, learning the laws that govern debt collection practices, actually doing the work myself, as oppose to hiring some lame credit repair company (*caugh* Lexington Law) who just wants to make money off my misery, and learning how credit works, my credit scores went up nearly 200 points. My credit never looked this good in my life!  Now, I'm getting approved for everything I couldn't before.  All because I made a decision.  

Stop making excuses and start making that decision. Go get that house, car, loan, vacation, whatever it is you want or need that you think you can't.

I hear ya! I was in the same boat and didn’t think I needed credit. I had great credit up until my early 20s, then a series of bad decisions left me in a ton of debt and over 20 delinquent accounts. I managed to rebuild with a cap one card with a 300 and 500 limit, but managed to burn them a couple years ago by not paying for 5 months.  I then thought, I may need to have credit one day... I paid the past due amount and fees, which was more than the limit on the small card, which brought them to just below maxed out. To my surprise, I received a cli from 300 to 1800 after just 5 months.  From that point I was hooked on the credit game. 

On 7/21/2018 at 3:00 PM, maht87 said:

I hear ya! I was in the same boat and didn’t think I needed credit. I had great credit up until my early 20s, then a series of bad decisions left me in a ton of debt and over 20 delinquent accounts. I managed to rebuild with a cap one card with a 300 and 500 limit, but managed to burn them a couple years ago by not paying for 5 months.  I then thought, I may need to have credit one day... I paid the past due amount and fees, which was more than the limit on the small card, which brought them to just below maxed out. To my surprise, I received a cli from 300 to 1800 after just 5 months.  From that point I was hooked on the credit game. 

Awesome!  Yeah we're kind of alike.  I didn't think I needed credit, probably because I didn't understand it.  I also started out with a Cap 1 card as well.  Secured card, $99 deposit with $200 limit.  I was so excited that I finally had a credit card, I took care of that card like it was a newborn baby lol
Had that card for 2 year now (only increased to $500) and don't even use it.  I got my oldest daughter (19) as an authorized user on it to jump start her credit.  Now I have over $25,000 in unsecured credit and recently just been approved for my very first personal loan for $5000. 

Yep I'm hooked on the credit game too lol

Quality 1st post! :) Welcome to CB!

It's amazing what can be accomplished with some dedication and assistance of the knowledge here.  Good luck with your continued progress!

nice OP!! I'm new here and can I ask what program or type of research you did to rebuild? I'm planning to rebuild, started to read a bunch of stuff online, Reddit, and now landed here. Or if anyone else has any other advice that they'd love to point me at, I'd appreciate it 

I hear you loud and clear. Though I started in a different boat 2 years ago in that I never had credit to begin with and had to start from scratch late in my life. With the credit I've built it's helped me pay for a vacation and got me a good rate on a used car loan for having such short credit history.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk