Sign in to follow this  
rabnpmb

First Premier advice

Well, following the long, drawn-out Midland/Cred1 AAA arbitration (I 'won' as it was dropped by Midland prior to in-person hearing), I want to file arb with First Premier (card agreement says AAA).  Total 'owed' is $799 but it isn't reported in Collections yet on any of my CRs; I received a letter from a CA about this.  Haven't sent a DV yet (which I plan to, in order to buy time).  Not sure my mistake was with filing Midland and arbitration to prolong that case (several phone conferences with their lawyer and arb judge...it was driving me nuts), but I want to avoid it this time.  Should I not DV them and just file AAA arb?  I think I DV'd Midland, and then filed AAA as I assumed that was correct but am not sure now after that 'fiasco'.  I did some Googling and some other credit forums said that FP will fold once served with AAA paperwork and several people said they got a letter from FP saying that they are no longer collecting due to possible Identity theft and removed all entries from CRs (none of them claimed ID theft).  

So, DV, wait for FP/CA to return any verification, then file arb, or just go ahead and file AAA arb?

Just looking for advice on this.  I am slowly gaining traction with my scores and am surprise on my progress so far  😉

Thanks so much.  I do appreciate it all.

Any thoughts?  FP (not the CA) responded to my DV, in which I also included that "If credit card agreement provides for arbitration, I elect arbitration to settle FP and (name of CA) claims against me."  Nothing was mentioned in the DV response by FP, so should I go ahead and file AAA or just let it be?  I don't want the CA to start reporting it, and maybe I can get FP to delete the charge-off tradeline.

Thanks