hegemony

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card??

4 hours ago, hegemony said:

not cool

He's still traumatized from losing everything in the Equifax breach.

10 hours ago, hegemony said:

not cool

Amen to that, genocide is not cool.....

Has anyone received a retention offer?  If so, how much?  My annual fee will be hitting soon and I already know that I'm going to keep the card but U.S. Bank does not know that!  Year one has paid for itself with the bonus.   I'm a little disappointed that with 5 roundtrip airfares this year I haven't had the opportunity to use priority pass and only one go-go pass.    

5 hours ago, Allkindabroke said:

Has anyone received a retention offer?  If so, how much?  My annual fee will be hitting soon and I already know that I'm going to keep the card but U.S. Bank does not know that!  Year one has paid for itself with the bonus.   I'm a little disappointed that with 5 roundtrip airfares this year I haven't had the opportunity to use priority pass and only one go-go pass.    

Sampling FT and DoC I see some data points of 5,000-10,000 points.  Worth a call.

There is no way to request a CLI for this card online. 

I just called in and the agent was determined to find a way for me to self serve on their web site, and I played along until he finally gave up and took my info over the phone.

I gave him HHI from salaries only, and then he asked about our housing payment.  He wanted just the P+I portion (and our final large payment isn't yet reflected on our credit reports), so that's what he got.

He seemed a little skeptical about our two-digit mortgage payment.  :lol:

Before I hung up my inbox blew up with alerts from various credit monitoring services to inform me of a new inquiry on TransUnion (IS KREDIT CARMA GOING TO BE MAD AT ME FOR DOING THIS?!?!!!??!?!?!??????????).

My request is sitting in the queue for Underwriting to review, and it will take up to 7 days to process.  He informed me that I may receive a phone call if Underwriting has any questions.  

Edited by cv91915

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

There is no way to request a CLI for this card online. 

I just called in and the agent was determined to find a way for me to self serve on their web site, and I played along until he finally gave up and took my info over the phone.

I gave him HHI from salaries only, and then he asked about our housing payment.  He wanted just the P+I portion (and our final large payment isn't yet reflected on our credit reports), so that's what he got.

He seemed a little skeptical about our two-digit mortgage payment.  :lol:

Before I hung up my inbox blew up with alerts from various credit monitoring services to inform me of a new inquiry on TransUnion (IS KREDIT CARMA GOING TO BE MAD AT ME FOR DOING THIS?!?!!!??!?!?!??????????).

My request is sitting in the queue for Underwriting to review, and it will take up to 7 days to process.  He informed me that I may receive a phone call if Underwriting has any questions.  

CLI request was approved, but only from $15,000 to $20,000.  

I received a VM from US Bank while I was in a meeting and returned the call about 30 minutes later.  

It was just a courtesy call to let me know that my CLI request was granted and she informed me of my new limit.  

The agent had no further info, and when I asked about the possibility of moving some of the $47k limit on my virtually unused Cash+ she said that wasn't possible.

The $20,000 limit isn't much more usable, so I called the backdoor number.  

The analyst confirmed that they no longer reallocate limits, and noted that the CLI request from earlier in the day wasn't for a specific amount -- so they gave me the "routine incremental increase."

He put in another request on my behalf for $50,000 after reverifying all of my info.  We spend 15 seconds joking about my tiny mortgage payment, and he knew what a recast was.  

The second CLI request will result in another credit inquiry, but I said go ahead...  for those who don't know me, I've also been known to run with scissors.

I should know the outcome by the end of the week.

With US Skank you really have to call to a UW before anything is done right. And yet they can't actually review and approve your app over the phone like others. Your app is assigned to a UW. It can't be moved. The UW who answers the phone is probably not that UW. If you get lucky and actually talk to the UW who is assigned your app they still won't process it over the phone but they will basically tell you on the call what they are going to do. It's a fairly small department but that's still a bit of a unicorn situation. But it can happen. 

12 hours ago, Zanshiro said:

Since the end of week passed, @cv91915, did you have that update?

I haven't called to learn more, but my limit is still $20,000 and they haven't pulled my credit again.

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I haven't called to learn more, but my limit is still $20,000 and they haven't pulled my credit again.

Wondering if they will pull the line of "we see you just HAD an increase...you need to wait X months and THEN resubmit the request...you will need to supply your own lube for when we bend you over and pull the credit to get the same information we already have."

Meanwhile, I currently have a $4,000 balance.

Tomorrow I will use the card to pay for $10,000 in air travel that I reserved today.

And my limit is still only $20,000.

44 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Meanwhile, I currently have a $4,000 balance.

Tomorrow I will use the card to pay for $10,000 in air travel that I reserved today.

And my limit is still only $20,000.

thanks for reminding me why I haven't applied.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:02 PM, cv91915 said:

CLI request was approved, but only from $15,000 to $20,000.  

I received a VM from US Bank while I was in a meeting and returned the call about 30 minutes later.  

It was just a courtesy call to let me know that my CLI request was granted and she informed me of my new limit.  

The agent had no further info, and when I asked about the possibility of moving some of the $47k limit on my virtually unused Cash+ she said that wasn't possible.

The $20,000 limit isn't much more usable, so I called the backdoor number.  

The analyst confirmed that they no longer reallocate limits, and noted that the CLI request from earlier in the day wasn't for a specific amount -- so they gave me the "routine incremental increase."

He put in another request on my behalf for $50,000 after reverifying all of my info.  We spend 15 seconds joking about my tiny mortgage payment, and he knew what a recast was.  

The second CLI request will result in another credit inquiry, but I said go ahead...  for those who don't know me, I've also been known to run with scissors.

I should know the outcome by the end of the week.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, Zanshiro said:

Since the end of week passed, @cv91915, did you have that update?

FOAD letter arrived while I was away last week.

- Too many new revolving accounts on credit bureau report* 

- Maximum amount of unsecured credit already issued.

The FOAD letter noted that my TransUnion FICO Score 9 (which ranges from 300-850) was 850.

* This is becoming the new "too many inquiries"

Well, at least they're kind to us small fries ... $5k auto CLI (to $15k) after 6 mo w/ Cash +. 

Surprised, since I've only averaged $700/mo in charges (maxing out my $2k/qtr 5% bonus cat spend).

Two recent non-category Apple Pay purchases  ($2,000 car repair and a $2,500 electronics purchase) with the Altitude Reserve netted just over $200 in rewards.

Do you have to be a US Bank member to apply for their cards?  I know they pull TU but I was just told that you have to be a member in order to get approved. 

1 hour ago, TUA said:

Do you have to be a US Bank member to apply for their cards?  I know they pull TU but I was just told that you have to be a member in order to get approved. 

welcome to CB!

IIRC for this particular card the answer is yes.

1 hour ago, TUA said:

Yes, you have to be a current US Bank customer, which is broadly defined.

I posted some additional details earlier in the thread.  Here's a link:

On ‚Äé10‚Äé/‚Äé13‚Äé/‚Äé2019 at 9:04 PM, Allkindabroke said:

The magic words for a retention offer elude me.  Two phone calls, three weeks apart and the best offer I got is how quickly they could assist me in closing the account. 

On 10/13/2019 at 9:04 PM, Allkindabroke said:

I am at 70 flights so far in 2019.  

At least 15 unique airports.  

2 Priority Pass visits.