hegemony

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card??

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I'm not sure what you mean about only lasting a year.  You get one year of Priority Pass for each year you have the card.

Lounge visit fees for your first four visits and for four individual guest visits are waived each membership year.

Four visits per year is more than sufficient for me, but experience varies greatly based on home airport (or others that you may visit frequently). 

Of my 38 departures from 11 unique airports so far in 2019, I've used PP exactly never.

Really? They made it sound that it's only the first year of having the card? I'm happy to hear it renews every year.

Yeah, to be honest, I actually prefer not to use it....that would mean my layover is too long, haha.

Anyway, I'm traveling soon and wondering if you've used PP at lounges at SFO, YVR or FRA?

1 hour ago, pronto said:

Really? They made it sound that it's only the first year of having the card? I'm happy to hear it renews every year.

Yeah, to be honest, I actually prefer not to use it....that would mean my layover is too long, haha.

Anyway, I'm traveling soon and wondering if you've used PP at lounges at SFO, YVR or FRA?

I haven't used any of those.  

In addition to the YTD 2019 comments above, I documented my 2018 lounge usage thoroughly in another thread, linked below in case you find it useful.

Had a short layover in Vancouver BC and used the Priority Pass with a guest in the Plaza Premium Lounge in the US flights terminal. Worked great, but despite its name, the lounge was not very premium or desirable. Could hardly find a seat, temp was freezing cold, and there were food/drink spills on the furniture. We left as soon as we finished our complimentary food and drinks. It was actually more comfortable to be at the gate.

1 hour ago, pronto said:

Had a short layover in Vancouver BC and used the Priority Pass with a guest in the Plaza Premium Lounge in the US flights terminal. Worked great, but despite its name, the lounge was not very premium or desirable. Could hardly find a seat, temp was freezing cold, and there were food/drink spills on the furniture. We left as soon as we finished our complimentary food and drinks. It was actually more comfortable to be at the gate.

That describes about 80% of my Priority Pass lounge experiences domestically.  It's good in a pinch, but frequent overcrowding leaves much to be desired.  We won't be giving up our AA lounge pass (Citi AA Exec card) anytime soon.

That said, we returned from a Mediterranean cruise early last month to our original port in Barcelona and went to the airport, where we had a 4 hour wait after clearing security.  Priority Pass got us into the VIP lounge which was large, had a decent amount of fare, and where we discovered a "Quiet Room" that was little trafficked.  Upon entering the sliding glass doors, we found a modest dark room with 6 cots and 6 lounge chairs.  One of the cots was free; I laid down and slept soundly for 90 minutes, then swapping off with Bev (who had been reading during this time) to take her turn.

It proved a heaven-sent respite in advance of our 10-hr flight back to the US.  I now treasure that Priority Pass Select card from Chase Sapphire Reserve.

I want at least one of my parents to get this card while the SUB is still worth $750.

I called the number on the back of my card to ask if my parents' current US Bank car lease* qualifies them as "current customers."

The agent didn't know, but said the CSRs on the application line would know, so she transferred me.

The guy who picked up at the application desk didn't know either.  He put me on hold to ask a manager, who also didn't know.

He told me the application status line people would be able to answer my question, but they don't work weekends.

So I'll call them on Monday.

* The U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card is offered to U.S. Bank customers who have an eligible U.S. Bank account relationship open and active a minimum of 5 business days prior to submitting an application. An eligible U.S. Bank account relationship is defined as: Checking or Savings account, Certificate of Deposit, Mortgage, Home Equity Loan, Home Equity Line of Credit, Auto/Boat/RV Loan, Personal and Small Business Loans and Lines, Commercial Loan & Lease, Premier Lines, Private Banking account or U.S. Bank credit card. If you have questions regarding eligibility status, please speak with your banker.

other than gogo I don't see the appeal of this card... ETA especially when you have to bank with us skank.

Edited by hegemony

10 minutes ago, hegemony said:

other than gogo I don't see the appeal of this card... ETA especially when you have to bank with us skank.

3x mobile wallet purchases sets this card apart.  On the surface, $750 in travel rewards for 50k points makes this a 4.5% reward card on those and travel purchases.

The 50k pt SUB should attract most any cc SUB whore.  The subsequent net $75 annual fee (net of $325 travel purchase credit) means just $2k-$4k in annual bonus categories purchases should be enough to keep the card in your wallet after the first year.

However, that "on the surface" above needs some clarification.  Without being approved for the card, details are a bit murky.  But it's clear that you earn a $750 travel credit in some form by redeeming in 50k multiples.  So I gather that point redemption for travel isn't as seemless as the Chase travel portal, where you use points as currency against your portal travel purchase.

Is some type of certificate involved?  What happens if you're trying to redeem for $400 in air, or $900?  I can't wonder if the mechanism for redemption is relatively awkward and discouraging.  Calling this a "4.5% reward card" on category purchases may be a bit of an exaggeration. 

Chase Sapphire Rewards suits me to a "t" (especially with the option to transfer in points earned on other household Chase UR products). 

Absent CSR, I'd be keenly interested in Altitude Reserve.  (I even opened a Cash + card to establish myself as a customer ... I love the $400 cb on $8k in annual utilities/streaming/SatTV purchases -- almost perfectly "right-sized" for me).  But satisfied with CSR, I can't quite justify the leap to app Altitude Reserve (not a big "mobile wallet" purchaser).

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

4.5% back on travel and Apple Pay (mainly useful for groceries) while they pay me ~$90 a year to carry the card (as long as I can use all of the Gogo passes).

13 minutes ago, hegemony said:

4.5% over 5x MR?

For me, false choice.  I have no cards with that structure on all travel (any travel, actually) or Apple Pay. 

12 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

For me, false choice.  I have no cards with that structure on all travel (any travel, actually) or Apple Pay. 

I'm just trying to rationalize walking my lazy self down the street to open a us skank account so I can apply. probably easier just to see those grapes as sour.

So I'm working an AmEx SUB and a 5/3rd SUB right now, I've googled and seen some posts about USB declining apps for for more than 3 cards in the last 12 months etc when apping this card. Anybody got any info or heard differently about that? Thinking about apping this early in the new year for a trip to the PNW.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, hegemony said:

I'm just trying to rationalize walking my lazy self down the street to open a us skank account so I can apply. probably easier just to see those grapes as sour.

You could sit your lazy self in a chair and open the account online.   That's what I did. 

On 9/7/2019 at 4:42 PM, cv91915 said:

I want at least one of my parents to get this card while the SUB is still worth $750.

I called the number on the back of my card to ask if my parents' current US Bank car lease* qualifies them as "current customers."

The agent didn't know, but said the CSRs on the application line would know, so she transferred me.

The guy who picked up at the application desk didn't know either.  He put me on hold to ask a manager, who also didn't know.

He told me the application status line people would be able to answer my question, but they don't work weekends.

So I'll call them on Monday.

* The U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card is offered to U.S. Bank customers who have an eligible U.S. Bank account relationship open and active a minimum of 5 business days prior to submitting an application. An eligible U.S. Bank account relationship is defined as: Checking or Savings account, Certificate of Deposit, Mortgage, Home Equity Loan, Home Equity Line of Credit, Auto/Boat/RV Loan, Personal and Small Business Loans and Lines, Commercial Loan & Lease, Premier Lines, Private Banking account or U.S. Bank credit card. If you have questions regarding eligibility status, please speak with your banker.

I talked to a guy on the underwriting line (800-947-1444) this morning.

He wasn't aware that US Bank did car leases, but looked up my father by SSN and found his lease account.

He said that an existing relationship is any account they can see in their system, so a car lease should qualify, but he equivocated a bit at the end (called it "potentially a fringe case").

For all of you with inquirophobia, upon submission of an application they first check their customer database, and if the relationship is insufficient they will deny the app on that basis without a doing a credit inquiry.

After a weeklong visit to Minnesota, we are leaving MSP in about 90 minutes.

There is no Admirals Club at this airport, so I used the Priority Pass card to access the PGA Lounge between Concourses D and E (we leave from E).

In addition to entry into the lounge, we each got a $15 credit to use for food/beverages or... golfing (!).

This is the first and only time I've used Priority Pass in well over a year.

FZIhVAi.jpg

OTjijj8.jpg

I'm choking down a rather drippy tuna wrap right now.

RYIf97P.jpg

Edited by cv91915

This is a record.  Two Priority Pass uses at US airports in just seven days.  

This is typically an entire year's worth of domestic Priority Pass activity.  Well, actually it is, just all compressed into one week.  😛 

I'm in the Turkish Airlines lounge at Dulles in my departure terminal (B).  The British Airways lounge was another option.  It's much larger and a bit closer to my departure gate, but... Turkish.

Since the Altitude Reserve PP benefit only includes four visits a year, I used the PP card from that account instead of my other one, which offers unlimited visits.  This made sense to me at the time I was rifling through the stack of cards in my bag.  :) 

8qIUj4f.jpg

Edited by cv91915