Jump to content

Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.


U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card??

Recommended Posts

This morning after going in ridiculous circles using US Bank's online help resources, which provide neither useful information for my problem nor a phone number to call for help, I fired up the Google Machine and found a login support number for US Bank.

 

When I called in, the automated system couldn't authenticate me with my card number and PIN, so I reached a human who verified everything manually. 

 

Unfortunately she couldn't help me, aside from assuring me that this wasn't something I had activated, but rather something they arbitrarily imposed upon me.  :lol: 

 

My I remind you that this number was for LOGIN SUPPORT?

 

From the sound of her voice, mine wasn't the only recent complaint. 

 

She then transferred me to someone else, who didn't know what two-factor authentication is.  :rofl:

 

First he had to re-validate my account number and personal info, even though I was aleady IDd and transferred over to him by his colleague in another department.

 

After I explained what 2FA is, he directed me to the login page.

 

From there, after entering your user ID and advancing to the next page, you can toggle back and forth between receiving text messages and answering "ID Shield Questions" (which is what was there before) by selecting "Change Authentication Method."

 

Obqkq0S.jpg

 

Good lord.  This problem took 30 seconds to solve.  Why couldn't the original agent who took my first call yesterday have answered that?

Edited by cv91915

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Why couldn't the original agent who took my first call yesterday have answered that?

Because of the Peter Principle.

 

Had she been competent she would have been promoted and replaced with a trainee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Occam said:

Because of the Peter Principle.

 

Had she been competent she would have been promoted and replaced with a trainee.

She told me to look in the alert settings before transferring me into the abyss.  :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was speaking to a US Bank CSR this summer who was located in Idaho.  We were discussing a minor issue unrelated to security.  When we finished the matter at hand and she was very competent a nice, I subsequently requested to add a password to my account due to identity theft issues.  She replied without hesitation in a brutally honest way that completely caught me off guard, stating "US Bank is not very sophisticated in regards to these matters and currently does not have the ability to add a password to your account sir" and I was like really, are you kidding me? No she was not kidding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TPA-DFW and DFW-SAN on Friday both were equipped with Viasat. 

 

Opportunities to use the Gogo passes on AA are dwindling fast.  

 

On TPA-DFW I did New York Times crossword puzzles on my iPad, and on DFW-SAN I used a comped Viasat certificate I received from Viasat after the service was offline for almost half the flight the last time I purchased a flight pass.

 

[Side annoyance: it appears that Viasat isn't selling day passes.  It's either monthly or by the flight.  Gogo was $19 for 24 hours of access.  Viasat has been consistently $12 per flight.  Almost every trip I take requires a connection.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been getting more and more difficult to use the Gogo passes on AA.  They've switched about 75% of their domestic aircraft (and counting) to Viasat.

 

FSD-PHX tonight is on American Eagle/Mesa Airlines, and this plane still has Gogo... so I'm using one pass now.

 

I have 9 out of the original 12 left.

 

 

Edited by cv91915

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downgraded my Sapphire Reserve and canceled my Amex Platinum.

 

This has become my main travel card for 4.5% back.

 

I'm also using this wherever possible when a merchant I frequent accepts Apple Pay... also for 4.5%.   Basically this means I'm using it regularly at the grocery store too.

 

 

Edited by cv91915

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I downgraded my Sapphire Reserve and canceled my Amex Platinum.

 

This has become my main travel card for 4.5% back.

 

Safe to assume that you depleted your bank of Chase UR points?

 

I opened a US Bank Cash + Visa so that I'd be eligible to apply for this card, should I choose to.  But I can't see that happening anytime soon.  (Bev and I have a prospective 2-year 4.5% cb free-for-all on all charges, via the combo of CSR and CFU ... assuming UR pts redeemed for travel rewards)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hdporter said:

Safe to assume that you depleted your bank of Chase UR points?

 

I opened a US Bank Cash + Visa so that I'd be eligible to apply for this card, should I choose to.  But I can't see that happening anytime soon.  (Bev and I have a prospective 2-year 4.5% cb free-for-all on all charges, via the combo of CSR and CFU ... assuming UR pts redeemed for travel rewards)

I had very few URs left.  The remaining points are still sitting there since I still have two UR-earning cards (in the sock drawer).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that this 4-hour flight is equipped with Gogo (AA is almost entirely Viasat now).

 

After today I have 8 flight passes left to use before they expire in October.  Today's saved me $18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't going to apply for another card until next year, but realizing that 9/10 purchases I make are mobile payments, this might be the card I should use. I just have to overlook the US Bank app....I'm not a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pronto said:

I wasn't going to apply for another card until next year, but realizing that 9/10 purchases I make are mobile payments, this might be the card I should use. I just have to overlook the US Bank app....I'm not a fan.

The only thing less important to me in a credit card than the app is the APR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cv91915 said:

The only thing less important to me in a credit card than the app is the APR.

Yeah, it's a pet peeve of mine. I know it doesn't affect my finances. However, I'm an app developer and whether I like an app or not is usually a deal breaker. I switched my credit union based party on the website and app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pronto said:

Yeah, it's a pet peeve of mine. I know it doesn't affect my finances. However, I'm an app developer and whether I like an app or not is usually a deal breaker. I switched my credit union based party on the website and app.

For the right rewards and benefits I would be willing to check my balance by banging out a line of text next to a DOS prompt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.

 

DFW is NOT a fun place to be tonight.  

 

Weather shut down the airport for a portion of the afternoon, and it's absolute mayhem.  The line for rebooking assistance in Terminal C was at least a block long.  

 

Fortunately my flight wasn't canceled...  finally departed two hours late.

 

Bonus:  WiFi provider on this ancient S80 pterodactyl is still Gogo.  Down to 7 flight passes.

 

I'd complain about this being the worst First Class seat I have ever encountered (3B/bulkhead) but that type of karma could cause us to get diverted to Abilene.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just left the ground on a flight from MUD-LAX...  another Gogo-equipped flight... so I just redeemed my 6th WiFi flight pass.

 

I'm using this card via Apple Pay at the grocery store (4.5% back) and paying for most of my travel (4.5% back) with it.

 

I also used this card/Apple Pay at Best Buy this month for 4.5% of ~$1,250 back on a new refrigerator.

 

This is among the most useful cards in my portfolio right now, but this is US Bank, which means there's probably a devastating devaluation right around the corner.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 12:41 AM, cv91915 said:

Just left the ground on a flight from MUD-LAX...  another Gogo-equipped flight... so I just redeemed my 6th WiFi flight pass.

 

I'm using this card via Apple Pay at the grocery store (4.5% back) and paying for most of my travel (4.5% back) with it.

 

I also used this card/Apple Pay at Best Buy this month for 4.5% of ~$1,250 back on a new refrigerator.

 

This is among the most useful cards in my portfolio right now, but this is US Bank, which means there's probably a devastating devaluation right around the corner.

 

 

Great deal! I'm waiting for my card in the mail. Hoping it will come quick. I'm traveling soon and will definitely make use of the travel and mobile category spending. My only wish is that Amazon would accept Apple Pay. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon. 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, pronto said:

Great deal! I'm waiting for my card in the mail. Hoping it will come quick. I'm traveling soon and will definitely make use of the travel and mobile category spending. My only wish is that Amazon would accept Apple Pay. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon. 😒

Enjoy the card.  I am definitely keeping mine for a second year.

 

Unfortunately, the Gogo passes become worthless to me when AA finishes their switch to Viasat, so we will have to see what year 3 brings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 6:18 PM, cv91915 said:

Enjoy the card.  I am definitely keeping mine for a second year.

 

Unfortunately, the Gogo passes become worthless to me when AA finishes their switch to Viasat, so we will have to see what year 3 brings.

 

Any chance the newly added Barclay Aviator $50 inflight wi-fi credit will prompt you to reconsider the Silver card downgrade?  ;)   (with 1 extra mi / $ AA spend, it's gotta be cost-effective, even without an EQD boost from your spending, no? ...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit disappointed in the Priority Pass is only for a year. I don't mind only having 4 visits per year, but wished it lasted longer. My biggest draw to this card though is the rewards for mobile wallet spend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pronto said:

I'm a bit disappointed in the Priority Pass is only for a year. I don't mind only having 4 visits per year, but wished it lasted longer. My biggest draw to this card though is the rewards for mobile wallet spend. 

I'm not sure what you mean about only lasting a year.  You get one year of Priority Pass for each year you have the card.

 

Lounge visit fees for your first four visits and for four individual guest visits are waived each membership year.

 

Four visits per year is more than sufficient for me, but experience varies greatly based on home airport (or others that you may visit frequently). 

 

Of my 38 departures from 11 unique airports so far in 2019, I've used PP exactly never.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Of my 38 departures from 11 unique airports so far in 2019, I've used PP exactly never.

Primary use of PP for me is at LAS since the Centurion Lounge shuts down a few hours before my usual 1A departure.  So, when the Lounge closes, I gather belongings and shuffle over to The Club- LAS until it closes at 1230A. 

 

I should add that the newly opened Club is FAR better than the old broom closet that had existed for so many years...

 

Other than LAS, I don't recall the last time I used PP...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, centex said:

Primary use of PP for me is at LAS since the Centurion Lounge shuts down a few hours before my usual 1A departure.  So, when the Lounge closes, I gather belongings and shuffle over to The Club- LAS until it closes at 1230A. 

 

I should add that the newly opened Club is FAR better than the old broom closet that had existed for so many years...

 

Other than LAS, I don't recall the last time I used PP...

same. I've also used PP outside the US and for drinks with the food option (then head to CEnturion or UC after having free scotch)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By StarkRaven$
      My Amex Everyday Card Preferred sign up bonus pts were added to my card yesterday. The sign up bonus for at least $1K spend within three months is 15K additional points. It's on their website and I confirmed it with Amex over the phone. In the fine print bonus pts will not increase or apply to 50% more pts if you make 30 or more purchases within a statement period. They added 25K pts instead! I'll gladly take the extra 10K pts. Just hope they don't correct later.  Has that ever happened to anyone before?
       
      DESCRIPTIO     AEDP $2k Spd/25k MR Pts These points have been added because of an offer or qualifying purchases made.
    • By StarkRaven$
      I booked a RT flight from San Diego to Hayden, CO on the Alaska Air website a month ago for Feb travel. I did not use any points. Total cost was $337.30. Today the same flight from the Alaska Air website is $468.
       
      On the Amex Travel booking site the same Alaska flight is $720. I realize I can earn more reward points with Amex going through their travel site but the cost is too expensive.
       
      I only travel twice a year and it's usually to visit my brother in Steamboat Springs.
       
      Am I missing something here? Could someone explain or direct me to post on CB.
       
    • By policebox
      I received this offer for my Fidelity Rewards Visa Card to earn 2,000 bonus points ($20).
       
      Either I'm reading this incorrectly, or this seems like an insanely terrible offer.
       
      Here is how I'm interpreting the deal:
      Must do spending between November 1 and December 31, 2019 Must spend $2,100 before you start earning bonus points You can earn up to 2,000 Bonus Points (redemptions are 100 points = $1, so $20 maximum cash back) You earn 20% Bonus Points per dollar spent (0.4 Bonus Points per $1) At this rate, you'd need to spend $7,100 ($2,100 + $5,000) to get the maximum bonus of 2,000 points ($5,000 * 0.4 points/$1 = 2,000 points)  
      Tell me I'm crazy and how.
       

       
      Edit: I think I found my math error. Looks like after you spend $2,100, if you spend an additional $5,000 you'd get $20 cash back. Still, hardly worth stressing over.
    • By PotO
      https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-cbp-agents-seize-ship-owned-by-jpmorgan-chase-after-1-3-billion-20-tons-of-cocaine-found-on-board
       
      JPMorgan Chase Bank needs to recoup the $1.3 billion lost when their cocaine smuggling operation got busted by Customs & Border Protection and their 20 tons of cocaine got confiscated.  Since the cargo vessel, the MSC Gayane, owned by Chase, has been seized by CBP and federal prosecutors plan on keeping it, add an additional approximately $100 million to the tally.  
       
      Jamie Dimon is sure to ask for a pay raise, too, when the retail value of coke goes up.  
       
      Adios rewards.  
    • By xdfgf
      With an upcoming refresh of the American Express Green card there are several rumors swirling about potential improvements. Right now the Green offers 2x points on purchases through the amextravel portal and 1x on everything else for a $95 AF. Yawn. 

      The current rumors are suggesting a June/July/August launch bringing with it 4x on "gas" and 3x on "streaming services" with a wild card of free Amazon Prime with membership. Not awful at all if true. I'd be curious to see the caveats that will certainly come with the gas category, and the streaming services seem a little petty since I'm sure even the most die hard cord cutter only spends around 50-75 a month in service fees. As with all the other charge card refreshes I expect to see a bump in the AF to around $149 which leaves this a little underwhelming to me. If it's meant to be an intro to AmEx charge cards then it would seem to entice the everyday folks you need to include everyday expenses for instance, cellular service. Maybe free phone insurance for any service paid with the card, similar to the propel from WF. Just throwing daydreams out here. 
       
      Anything you would want to see with a potential refresh?
       
      Original link:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-american-express-to-refresh-green-card-4x-on-gas-3x-on-streaming-more/



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      179,047
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    iamjamielyn
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines