Jump to content

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card??


Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...

  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the right rewards and benefits I would be willing to check my balance by banging out a line of text next to a DOS prompt.

I just finished redeeming all of my remaining points.   I'm poised to close this card next month when the AF hits if I don't get a retention offer worth at least $75.    

Yes, you have to be a current US Bank customer, which is broadly defined.   I posted some additional details earlier in the thread.  Here's a link:    

Was looking at this myself unfortunately the travel credit is based on card member year not calendar. I'm going to be in NYC in two weeks and I might just drop in and App for this:

https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/cnb-city-national-bank-crystal-visa-infinite-credit-card/

 

I like that you can add 3 Authorized users with no fee.

 

Anyone have this card?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gaston said:

Was looking at this myself unfortunately the travel credit is based on card member year not calendar.

Thank you. 

 

$750 SUB + $325 travel credit - $450 AF = $625.

 

I think I'd rather open up another Citi TYP for the same return.

 

Although I would use the 12 Gogo passes from the US Bank card...  🔂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate annual fees, especially a $400 one. At least you can offset $325 of that by charging certain travel expenses to the card. It's a metal card, if that's important.

I wouldn't apply for it as an additional card. If U.S. Bank contacted me about a product change where I can keep the same opening date of my current card, I might think about it. My main sticking point is does it really offer any additional benefits that I would use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

$750 SUB + $325 travel credit + (12 Gogo passes * $10) - $450 $400 AF = $625 $795.

 

1 hour ago, Burgerwars said:

I hate annual fees, especially a $400 one. At least you can offset $325 of that by charging certain travel expenses to the card. It's a metal card, if that's important.

I wouldn't apply for it as an additional card. If U.S. Bank contacted me about a product change where I can keep the same opening date of my current card, I might think about it. My main sticking point is does it really offer any additional benefits that I would use.

My mistake.

 

After correcting the AF and adding in the value of the Gogo passes, this looks like a go.

 

 

 

Edited by cv91915
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

7-10 day message.  Calling now.

Waste of time calling "Credit Card Underwriting" (800-947-1444).   

 

They can't say if anything is/is not needed from me at this time.  Rep advised calling back on Tuesday to find out more. 

 

 

Edited by cv91915
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wajj said:

I view this card as a keeper if you travel enough to use the $325 credit each year.  I have mine hooked up to Samsung Pay which makes it effectively a 3% travel rewards card with a $75.00 annual fee.

I think you're right.  The $325 is easy, plus I can easily recoup the $75 with the Gogo passes (12 of them, worth $10 each).

 

I wouldn't have to spend a nickel in order to get the AF back.

 

In addition to 3X on travel there is also 3X for mobile wallet spending.

 

Aren't the points worth $0.015 each?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gaston said:

Was looking at this myself unfortunately the travel credit is based on card member year not calendar. I'm going to be in NYC in two weeks and I might just drop in and App for this:

https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/cnb-city-national-bank-crystal-visa-infinite-credit-card/

 

I like that you can add 3 Authorized users with no fee.

 

Anyone have this card?

This card has a dedicated thread on FT under Credit Card Programs.  So does the Altitude Reserve, for that matter.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

I think you're right.  The $325 is easy, plus I can easily recoup the $75 with the Gogo passes (12 of them, worth $10 each).

 

I wouldn't have to spend a nickel in order to get the AF back.

 

In addition to 3X on travel there is also 3X for mobile wallet spending.

 

Aren't the points worth $0.015 each?

I don't know how official the $0.015 cpp is but it seems as though my hotel bookings with Altitude points are getting that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had the card for about a year and a half, and have been very happy with it. They were quite generous with the limit, and the few times I've had to contact them, the dedicated Altitude Reserve reps have actually been knowledgeable and friendly. A while back they added the "real time rewards" feature for travel, which is pretty handy. When you register for it (and get 500 bonus points for doing so), after you make a travel purchase, you'll get a text asking if you want to redeem points for it. It's at the same 1.5cpp rate as the online portal, and you can book direct. One quirk of that I ran into - I made a purchase of tickets through Expedia with one leg on United, and another on American. I got two charges in rapid succession - the first was for American (higher), and the second was for UA (less expensive). I got two texts - one for each purchase, but I could only respond to use points for the second one. I called, and because I didn't have time to respond to the first one to use points, I was SOL. Not a big deal, but good to know for the future.

 

They recently added an option where you can expand purchases on the website and see if it was made with a mobile wallet or the card. They don't show specifically purchases earning the 3x points like Chase's UR portal does, but they do break out the totals on the statement.

 

Overall, I'd recommend it for a good travel card. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, semistatic said:

I've had the card for about a year and a half, and have been very happy with it. They were quite generous with the limit, and the few times I've had to contact them, the dedicated Altitude Reserve reps have actually been knowledgeable and friendly. A while back they added the "real time rewards" feature for travel, which is pretty handy. When you register for it (and get 500 bonus points for doing so), after you make a travel purchase, you'll get a text asking if you want to redeem points for it. It's at the same 1.5cpp rate as the online portal, and you can book direct. One quirk of that I ran into - I made a purchase of tickets through Expedia with one leg on United, and another on American. I got two charges in rapid succession - the first was for American (higher), and the second was for UA (less expensive). I got two texts - one for each purchase, but I could only respond to use points for the second one. I called, and because I didn't have time to respond to the first one to use points, I was SOL. Not a big deal, but good to know for the future.

 

They recently added an option where you can expand purchases on the website and see if it was made with a mobile wallet or the card. They don't show specifically purchases earning the 3x points like Chase's UR portal does, but they do break out the totals on the statement.

 

Overall, I'd recommend it for a good travel card. 

Thanks for the detail.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wajj said:

I don't know how official the $0.015 cpp is but it seems as though my hotel bookings with Altitude points are getting that.

The promo page says that the 50,000-point SUB is worth $750.  I am assuming that's when redeemed for travel, and not statement credits or Olive Garden gift cards.  🤮 :) 

Edited by cv91915
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mec said:

The 4.5% on mobile pay seems to have a lot of potential for regular use. Unfortunately I am currently restricted to GooglePay. I think SamsungPay has fairly wide acceptance. GooglePay and ApplePay not so much.

Last time I tried incorporate Apple Pay into my daily life I switched back to bartering with soybeans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 11:29 AM, cv91915 said:

7-10 day message.  Calling now.

 

On 9/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, cv91915 said:

Waste of time calling "Credit Card Underwriting" (800-947-1444).   

 

They can't say if anything is/is not needed from me at this time.  Rep advised calling back on Tuesday to find out more. 

I just got the approval notification via email.  The message contained no other useful details.

 

I logged into my usbank.com account and the card isn't visible.  I'm assuming it won't be until I receive the card and activate it.

 

The $47,000 limit on my existing Cash+ card appears to be unmolested.

 

I'll post more details when the card arrives, or if something tragic happens.

 

 

Edited by cv91915
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can now see the new card account when I log into usbank.com.

 

The limit is $15,000.  :lol: 

 

Do they recon?  I currently have 23 open cards, and the only card with a limit below $15k is my Macy's store card. 

 

 

 

 

(I also have a US Bank Cash+ Visa at $47,000, but good lord).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

I can now see the new card account when I log into usbank.com.

 

The limit is $15,000.  :lol: 

 

Do they recon?  I currently have 23 open cards, and the only card with a limit below $15k is my Macy's store card. 

 

 

 

 

(I also have a US Bank Cash+ Visa at $47,000, but good lord).

Well, so much for "Infinity"

 

Do they at least specifically offer NPSL like the old Visa Signature once did? My Visa siggy dropped the NPSL claim some time back. It's now baked in since the CARD act prohibits OSL fees unless you opt in. However, as a side effect they no longer require you bring the balance down to the CL on the next payment.  When I put 10k over the CL on my Visa they were perfectly happy to quote the standard minimum payment. Interesting change but I always PIF anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

Well, so much for "Infinity"

 

Do they at least specifically offer NPSL like the old Visa Signature once did? My Visa siggy dropped the NPSL claim some time back. It's now baked in since the CARD act prohibits OSL fees unless you opt in. However, as a side effect they no longer require you bring the balance down to the CL on the next payment.  When I put 10k over the CL on my Visa they were perfectly happy to quote the standard minimum payment. Interesting change but I always PIF anyway.

No idea.  The annual break-even point on this card requires zero spending.  

 

On an ongoing basis I can see putting Apple Pay spending on this card for 3x, but I can't see approaching even this silly limit with purchases at _________ (not even sure where I can use Apple Pay...  groceries?).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you're all on pins and needles, so I apologize. 

 

I forgot to post this update from a UPS email this morning.

 

, your estimated delivery time has changed.

Scheduled Delivery Date:  Wednesday, 10/03/2018
Estimated Delivery Time:  04:30 PM - 08:30 PM

 

Still not here. :( 

 

 

Edited by cv91915
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By Genie
      Hello, I'm looking for the best card to pay for a $4k purchase. I've got the money but I'd like to use a card that will get me the most value back like in cash back or sign up bonus for spending a large amount. This is an orthodontist purchase but I want to get the most bang for my money.
       
      I have: AmEx everyday preferred, Capital One secure, CreditOne platinum.
      My relative has Discover it.
       
      I hope y'all can help with this!
       
       
    • By StarkRaven$
      Before joining CB's I had no knowledge or appreciation of credit card rewards. When I was rebuilding my credit I noticed under the "advanced tab" posts discussing rewards but at the time I assumed I would never have a use for that. In other words, I simply didn't understand it. Fast forward to today, For Christmas I bought my grandson a limited edition LA Rams Eric Dickerson tee shirt and covered the entire cost through rewards simply by paying my utility bills and using my US Bank cc. 
       
      Seriously! If someone was to tell me I could do that four years ago, I would just tune out and dismiss it in my mind. So thank you very much for all the invaluable education here on Creditboards. You all are amazing!
    • By StarkRaven$
      My Amex Everyday Card Preferred sign up bonus pts were added to my card yesterday. The sign up bonus for at least $1K spend within three months is 15K additional points. It's on their website and I confirmed it with Amex over the phone. In the fine print bonus pts will not increase or apply to 50% more pts if you make 30 or more purchases within a statement period. They added 25K pts instead! I'll gladly take the extra 10K pts. Just hope they don't correct later.  Has that ever happened to anyone before?
       
      DESCRIPTIO     AEDP $2k Spd/25k MR Pts These points have been added because of an offer or qualifying purchases made.
    • By StarkRaven$
      I booked a RT flight from San Diego to Hayden, CO on the Alaska Air website a month ago for Feb travel. I did not use any points. Total cost was $337.30. Today the same flight from the Alaska Air website is $468.
       
      On the Amex Travel booking site the same Alaska flight is $720. I realize I can earn more reward points with Amex going through their travel site but the cost is too expensive.
       
      I only travel twice a year and it's usually to visit my brother in Steamboat Springs.
       
      Am I missing something here? Could someone explain or direct me to post on CB.
       
    • By policebox
      I received this offer for my Fidelity Rewards Visa Card to earn 2,000 bonus points ($20).
       
      Either I'm reading this incorrectly, or this seems like an insanely terrible offer.
       
      Here is how I'm interpreting the deal:
      Must do spending between November 1 and December 31, 2019 Must spend $2,100 before you start earning bonus points You can earn up to 2,000 Bonus Points (redemptions are 100 points = $1, so $20 maximum cash back) You earn 20% Bonus Points per dollar spent (0.4 Bonus Points per $1) At this rate, you'd need to spend $7,100 ($2,100 + $5,000) to get the maximum bonus of 2,000 points ($5,000 * 0.4 points/$1 = 2,000 points)  
      Tell me I'm crazy and how.
       

       
      Edit: I think I found my math error. Looks like after you spend $2,100, if you spend an additional $5,000 you'd get $20 cash back. Still, hardly worth stressing over.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      182,766
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    madisongenive
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines