Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card??

if you have it, are you happy with it? asking for a friend (honest, I would never slum with US skank )

Was looking at this myself unfortunately the travel credit is based on card member year not calendar. I'm going to be in NYC in two weeks and I might just drop in and App for this:

https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/cnb-city-national-bank-crystal-visa-infinite-credit-card/

I like that you can add 3 Authorized users with no fee.

Anyone have this card?

18 minutes ago, Gaston said:

Was looking at this myself unfortunately the travel credit is based on card member year not calendar.

Thank you. 

$750 SUB + $325 travel credit - $450 AF = $625.

I think I'd rather open up another Citi TYP for the same return.

Although I would use the 12 Gogo passes from the US Bank card...  🔂

I hate annual fees, especially a $400 one. At least you can offset $325 of that by charging certain travel expenses to the card. It's a metal card, if that's important.

I wouldn't apply for it as an additional card. If U.S. Bank contacted me about a product change where I can keep the same opening date of my current card, I might think about it. My main sticking point is does it really offer any additional benefits that I would use.

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

$750 SUB + $325 travel credit + (12 Gogo passes * $10) - $450 $400 AF = $625 $795.

1 hour ago, Burgerwars said:

I hate annual fees, especially a $400 one. At least you can offset $325 of that by charging certain travel expenses to the card. It's a metal card, if that's important.

I wouldn't apply for it as an additional card. If U.S. Bank contacted me about a product change where I can keep the same opening date of my current card, I might think about it. My main sticking point is does it really offer any additional benefits that I would use.

My mistake.

After correcting the AF and adding in the value of the Gogo passes, this looks like a go.

Edited by cv91915

22 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

7-10 day message.  Calling now.

Waste of time calling "Credit Card Underwriting" (800-947-1444).   

They can't say if anything is/is not needed from me at this time.  Rep advised calling back on Tuesday to find out more. 

Edited by cv91915

I view this card as a keeper if you travel enough to use the $325 credit each year.  I have mine hooked up to Samsung Pay which makes it effectively a 3% travel rewards card with a $75.00 annual fee.

8 minutes ago, wajj said:

I view this card as a keeper if you travel enough to use the $325 credit each year.  I have mine hooked up to Samsung Pay which makes it effectively a 3% travel rewards card with a $75.00 annual fee.

I think you're right.  The $325 is easy, plus I can easily recoup the $75 with the Gogo passes (12 of them, worth $10 each).

I wouldn't have to spend a nickel in order to get the AF back.

In addition to 3X on travel there is also 3X for mobile wallet spending.

Aren't the points worth $0.015 each?

3 hours ago, Gaston said:

Was looking at this myself unfortunately the travel credit is based on card member year not calendar. I'm going to be in NYC in two weeks and I might just drop in and App for this:

https://www.uscreditcardguide.com/cnb-city-national-bank-crystal-visa-infinite-credit-card/

I like that you can add 3 Authorized users with no fee.

Anyone have this card?

This card has a dedicated thread on FT under Credit Card Programs.  So does the Altitude Reserve, for that matter.  

I think you're right.  The $325 is easy, plus I can easily recoup the $75 with the Gogo passes (12 of them, worth $10 each).

I wouldn't have to spend a nickel in order to get the AF back.

In addition to 3X on travel there is also 3X for mobile wallet spending.

Aren't the points worth $0.015 each?

I don't know how official the $0.015 cpp is but it seems as though my hotel bookings with Altitude points are getting that.

I've had the card for about a year and a half, and have been very happy with it. They were quite generous with the limit, and the few times I've had to contact them, the dedicated Altitude Reserve reps have actually been knowledgeable and friendly. A while back they added the "real time rewards" feature for travel, which is pretty handy. When you register for it (and get 500 bonus points for doing so), after you make a travel purchase, you'll get a text asking if you want to redeem points for it. It's at the same 1.5cpp rate as the online portal, and you can book direct. One quirk of that I ran into - I made a purchase of tickets through Expedia with one leg on United, and another on American. I got two charges in rapid succession - the first was for American (higher), and the second was for UA (less expensive). I got two texts - one for each purchase, but I could only respond to use points for the second one. I called, and because I didn't have time to respond to the first one to use points, I was SOL. Not a big deal, but good to know for the future.

They recently added an option where you can expand purchases on the website and see if it was made with a mobile wallet or the card. They don't show specifically purchases earning the 3x points like Chase's UR portal does, but they do break out the totals on the statement.

Overall, I'd recommend it for a good travel card. 

41 minutes ago, semistatic said:

I've had the card for about a year and a half, and have been very happy with it. They were quite generous with the limit, and the few times I've had to contact them, the dedicated Altitude Reserve reps have actually been knowledgeable and friendly. A while back they added the "real time rewards" feature for travel, which is pretty handy. When you register for it (and get 500 bonus points for doing so), after you make a travel purchase, you'll get a text asking if you want to redeem points for it. It's at the same 1.5cpp rate as the online portal, and you can book direct. One quirk of that I ran into - I made a purchase of tickets through Expedia with one leg on United, and another on American. I got two charges in rapid succession - the first was for American (higher), and the second was for UA (less expensive). I got two texts - one for each purchase, but I could only respond to use points for the second one. I called, and because I didn't have time to respond to the first one to use points, I was SOL. Not a big deal, but good to know for the future.

They recently added an option where you can expand purchases on the website and see if it was made with a mobile wallet or the card. They don't show specifically purchases earning the 3x points like Chase's UR portal does, but they do break out the totals on the statement.

Overall, I'd recommend it for a good travel card. 

Thanks for the detail.  

4 hours ago, wajj said:

I don't know how official the $0.015 cpp is but it seems as though my hotel bookings with Altitude points are getting that.

The promo page says that the 50,000-point SUB is worth $750.  I am assuming that's when redeemed for travel, and not statement credits or Olive Garden gift cards.  🤮 :) 

Edited by cv91915

The 4.5% on mobile pay seems to have a lot of potential for regular use. Unfortunately I am currently restricted to GooglePay. I think SamsungPay has fairly wide acceptance. GooglePay and ApplePay not so much.

8 hours ago, mec said:

The 4.5% on mobile pay seems to have a lot of potential for regular use. Unfortunately I am currently restricted to GooglePay. I think SamsungPay has fairly wide acceptance. GooglePay and ApplePay not so much.

Last time I tried incorporate Apple Pay into my daily life I switched back to bartering with soybeans.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:29 AM, cv91915 said:

7-10 day message.  Calling now.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, cv91915 said:

Waste of time calling "Credit Card Underwriting" (800-947-1444).   

They can't say if anything is/is not needed from me at this time.  Rep advised calling back on Tuesday to find out more. 

I just got the approval notification via email.  The message contained no other useful details.

I logged into my usbank.com account and the card isn't visible.  I'm assuming it won't be until I receive the card and activate it.

The $47,000 limit on my existing Cash+ card appears to be unmolested.

I'll post more details when the card arrives, or if something tragic happens.

Edited by cv91915

Educated guess:  with US Bank's volume discount with UPS it probably would have cost < $1 more to guarantee 10:30 a.m. delivery.

Just saying.

nScrtB7.jpg

I can now see the new card account when I log into usbank.com.

The limit is $15,000.  :lol: 

Do they recon?  I currently have 23 open cards, and the only card with a limit below $15k is my Macy's store card. 

(I also have a US Bank Cash+ Visa at $47,000, but good lord).

yeah, IIRC they will recon. but I think they claim a max starting limit of $25k on any card.

I can now see the new card account when I log into usbank.com.

The limit is $15,000.  :lol: 

Do they recon?  I currently have 23 open cards, and the only card with a limit below $15k is my Macy's store card. 

(I also have a US Bank Cash+ Visa at $47,000, but good lord).

Well, so much for "Infinity"

Do they at least specifically offer NPSL like the old Visa Signature once did? My Visa siggy dropped the NPSL claim some time back. It's now baked in since the CARD act prohibits OSL fees unless you opt in. However, as a side effect they no longer require you bring the balance down to the CL on the next payment.  When I put 10k over the CL on my Visa they were perfectly happy to quote the standard minimum payment. Interesting change but I always PIF anyway.

2 hours ago, cashnocredit said:

Well, so much for "Infinity"

Do they at least specifically offer NPSL like the old Visa Signature once did? My Visa siggy dropped the NPSL claim some time back. It's now baked in since the CARD act prohibits OSL fees unless you opt in. However, as a side effect they no longer require you bring the balance down to the CL on the next payment.  When I put 10k over the CL on my Visa they were perfectly happy to quote the standard minimum payment. Interesting change but I always PIF anyway.

No idea.  The annual break-even point on this card requires zero spending.  

On an ongoing basis I can see putting Apple Pay spending on this card for 3x, but I can't see approaching even this silly limit with purchases at _________ (not even sure where I can use Apple Pay...  groceries?).

I know you're all on pins and needles, so I apologize. 

I forgot to post this update from a UPS email this morning.

, your estimated delivery time has changed.

Scheduled Delivery Date:  Wednesday, 10/03/2018
Estimated Delivery Time:  04:30 PM - 08:30 PM

Still not here. :( 

Edited by cv91915