App for AMEX?

bobsmith99

The last post in this topic was posted 1679 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'm looking at apping for a revolver amex to use for my monthly household expenses.

Currently I have a Business AMEX Plat charge that I pif $20k-60k/mo every month - I've had this since Dec 2016 and have a perfect history with them.

Current Ficos are in low 700s (703-720)

Only bad items I have are: one 30 day late from Feb 2016 on a paid off auto loan and a few 30/60 day lates on a Crapone card from 2011/12. The crapone account is in good standing (past 6yrs) and these 30/60 day lates should fall off in October this year, so they are pretty old.

Overall current utilization is at ~42%

Should I wait to get my utilization down and would the old late pays hurt me at this point?

Thanks

@deanmartini - actually I did try to apply at the time, but they declined it stating that I had ZERO history with AMEX at the time.

I also did receive a letter stating that the reason for denial was basically lack of history and to try applying again after I've got some history with them.

I would think at this point, I've got a good history with them, but am concerned about the 2 very old accounts and the 42% utilization hurting my chances. I really don't want the hard pull on my credit unless there is a good potential for approval.

I'm looking at apping for a revolver amex to use for my monthly household expenses.

Currently I have a Business AMEX Plat charge that I pif $20k-60k/mo every month - I've had this since Dec 2016 and have a perfect history with them.

Current Ficos are in low 700s (703-720)

Only bad items I have are: one 30 day late from Feb 2016 on a paid off auto loan and a few 30/60 day lates on a Crapone card from 2011/12. The crapone account is in good standing (past 6yrs) and these 30/60 day lates should fall off in October this year, so they are pretty old.

Overall current utilization is at ~42%

Should I wait to get my utilization down and would the old late pays hurt me at this point?

Thanks

Have you check the pre-qual site?

The last post in this topic was posted 1679 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.