wwanderer

Got my LexisNexis report

Got the full disclosure in the mail today. Holy crap, 212 pages. It barely wedged into the mailbox.

No bankruptcy (Ive never filed one), no criminal, no judgements, no liens of any kind. No inquiries that I saw.

Vast majority of those pages were lots of names and addresses. Wrong names, misspellings. Wrong addresses, misspelled or mistyped, variations of same addresses. Lordy. Almost all the sources were CRAs.

Can I dispute / delete this crap? In the last few weeks Ive gotten 34 bad addresses removed from Experian. Next Ill work on EQ/TU. Do these need to be done before disputing with LexisNexis?

They also have one of my email addresses and a few really old phone numbers (so old I cannot remember them, or theyre just incorrect).

212 pages!? Wow.

I have no personal experience with disputing LN reports, but I would ask...what's the point? Have you been denied anything outright due to this info? Having said that, I have put them on lock down before, which I believe you can still do relatively easily and for free. I did this during my early stages of rebuilding, but haven't looked into them since. 212 pages of info makes me wonder if I should...

Big waste of time to worry about names and addresses on LN. The only reason to dispute them on the CRAs is if they are tied to negative TLs.

Big waste of time to worry about names and addresses on LN. The only reason to dispute them on the CRAs is if they are tied to negative TLs.

212 pages!? Wow.

I have no personal experience with disputing LN reports, but I would ask...what's the point? Have you been denied anything outright due to this info? Having said that, I have put them on lock down before, which I believe you can still do relatively easily and for free. I did this during my early stages of rebuilding, but haven't looked into them since. 212 pages of info makes me wonder if I should...

The LN report includes a phone # to call if you want to open a dispute. When I called early this month they claimed 30 days to resolve a dispute.

My file was just under 600 pages(!) and while there was accurate info listed it included at least 200 pages worth of of not-mine data including mortgage and tax info, chargeoffs, additional SSN, additional DOB, a death notice.....

Got the full disclosure in the mail today. Holy crap, 212 pages. It barely wedged into the mailbox.

No bankruptcy (Ive never filed one), no criminal, no judgements, no liens of any kind. No inquiries that I saw.

Vast majority of those pages were lots of names and addresses. Wrong names, misspellings. Wrong addresses, misspelled or mistyped, variations of same addresses. Lordy. Almost all the sources were CRAs.

Can I dispute / delete this crap? In the last few weeks Ive gotten 34 bad addresses removed from Experian. Next Ill work on EQ/TU. Do these need to be done before disputing with LexisNexis?

They also have one of my email addresses and a few really old phone numbers (so old I cannot remember them, or theyre just incorrect).

I would definitely disputed everything that is inaccurate. It does matter. Those incorrect names could connect you to a criminal record that is not yours down the road. Also, a lot of employers use services that get their data from nexis lexis. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. LN names most their sources as the CRAs - that is where theyre getting most the bogus names and addresses. Should I dispute as much as possible off EQ / TU before disputing with LN?

I will freeze SageStream as well, but LN lists their sources as mostly EX, EQ, TU. I already cleaned the bad names and addresses from EX.

I am in the process of cleaning up LexisNexis also. 

At first I just did a freeze on LexisNexis because all of the random data going back 25+ years just sort of bothered me.

But in the past two years I have been denied membership at two credit unions because of this LN freeze. It seems that ChexSystems has a section that includes LN data. So if you have LN frozen, then the inquiry to ChexSystems will result in a failure purely due to the LN freeze.

It just happened to me for the second time with a credit union, so I am now unfreezing LN and starting the process of disputing a bunch of junk on LN

make a copy of the report ,  highlight everything that is inaccurate / coded for color 

pink;  this is inaccurate, this is not my name

yellow - I have never lived at this address or city / town 

blue  etc etc   

work out an easy system before you send in a dispute that is concise 

Also, remember that years ago when one filled out and mailed in a application  that there was a low paid data entry clerk on the other end who was paid by the amount of data entered. 

lot's of it is just typos...  

Ok thanks. LN names most their sources as the CRAs - that is where theyre getting most the bogus names and addresses. Should I dispute as much as possible off EQ / TU before disputing with LN?

I will freeze SageStream as well, but LN lists their sources as mostly EX, EQ, TU. I already cleaned the bad names and addresses from EX.
Dont worry about disputing CRA's first. Just dispute LN. It's been my experience that they will remove anything you dispute. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It’s absolutely not a waste of time. My LN report got me into alll that mess with the credit union. I was always going through identity verification b/c someone - several persons was using my social although it never showed up on the big three. Pages and pages of associations and former address tied to my name of people I didn’t know. It’s ridiculous the amount of data they collect. Pages and pages of email address phone numbers old accounts names. It’s unreal and you should not have it associated with you if it’s not rightfully yours.

In fact one name associated with me gave me the last 5 digits of her social why should that be in my report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're comparing apples to oranges. Clearly if there are other people's names/adresses/SSNs on your LN you want to handle that. I was only talking about the random variations of your information that resulted from some data monkey's fat fingers. 

On 7/4/2018 at 10:52 AM, RocketGoBoom said:

I am in the process of cleaning up LexisNexis also. 

At first I just did a freeze on LexisNexis because all of the random data going back 25+ years just sort of bothered me.

But in the past two years I have been denied membership at two credit unions because of this LN freeze. It seems that ChexSystems has a section that includes LN data. So if you have LN frozen, then the inquiry to ChexSystems will result in a failure purely due to the LN freeze.

It just happened to me for the second time with a credit union, so I am now unfreezing LN and starting the process of disputing a bunch of junk on LN

Resurrecting and old thread.   I just ordered my LexisNexis report as well.  I have been denied three credit union memberships with a clean ChexSystems report and very few inquiries.  Three certain secured cards are now unattainable unless I book a trip to sign up for membership in person.  I am getting identification questions that I know I answer correctly but seem to be stopping me from being identified.  One question that seems to have gotten me denied from Unify FCU was estimating the age of someone named "Keith" Gxxxxxxx.  I have a very uncommon last name, maybe 90 of us in the US and have NEVER heard of any "Keith" with my last name.  Other identity fails were for cars I have never owned but where the answer "none of the above" seemed to be deemed incorrect. 

5 hours ago, pacemaker67 said:

Resurrecting and old thread.   I just ordered my LexisNexis report as well.  I have been denied three credit union memberships with a clean ChexSystems report and very few inquiries.  Three certain secured cards are now unattainable unless I book a trip to sign up for membership in person.  I am getting identification questions that I know I answer correctly but seem to be stopping me from being identified.  One question that seems to have gotten me denied from Unify FCU was estimating the age of someone named "Keith" Gxxxxxxx.  I have a very uncommon last name, maybe 90 of us in the US and have NEVER heard of any "Keith" with my last name.  Other identity fails were for cars I have never owned but where the answer "none of the above" seemed to be deemed incorrect. 

just curious, have you checked your IDS consumer credit report?

15 hours ago, hegemony said:

just curious, have you checked your IDS consumer credit report?

Can you tell me what this is?  IDS?

15 minutes ago, hegemony said:

Innovis Data Solutions, part of the e-oscar system just like TU, EX, and EQ

Thanks Hedge.  Yes, I just received that report.  It is full of jumbled addresses, mis-spelled etc. and DOES NOT include my address of the last 5 years.  It is a complete disaster in terms of addresses.  Is that the source of my denials in your opinion?

Edited by pacemaker67