It might be time to start thinking of a new vehicle

The last post in this topic was posted 1553 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

*sigh*

I'm almost at 509,000 miles and really, really, really, really, really would like it go at least another year. Which is possible I guess, but more issues are starting to pop up.

For a while now I've been going through a lot of oil. I could never figure out what was going on........it wasn't leaking that I could tell, it wasn't smoking out the back, it just kind of disappeared. Today, I think I found out where it's been going. Into my air filter. I had my oil changed this AM, ordered some tires, decided to replace some sway bar things that I should have done for safety, but don't *need* to keep it going. While it was getting a once over, they showed me leaking rear differential. Gave me an estimate to replace seals which wasn't bad so going back next week for that. The transmission slips every so often.........not horrible, but still not ideal. I added some stop slip stuff today which is the most I'm willing to do since I don't think the transmission fluid has EVER been changed. My power steering pump isn't in the best shape. It whined when it was cold. Doesn't do it now that the weather is warm, but a couple months ago I turkey-basted a bunch out and replaced the fluid, which helped, but it's nearing the end of it's life.

Going to have the PCV valve replaced next week as well now and hopefully that will take care of the oil issue. If not, it's just a matter of time I guess.

I have a set limit each year on what I'm willing to spend on repairs (not maintenance) - $600......and this will put me right at that amount. I always knew it wouldn't go forever, but every year it has kept defying the odds. In the meantime, I'm just going to look at it as a challenge to see how many miles I can get and keep putting band-aids on in the form of fluid fixes :rolleyes: .

Edited by Quit Screwing Me

The last post in this topic was posted 1553 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.