The Scum Of The Earth Master Thread

IndyPoolPlayer

The last post in this topic was posted 1553 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'll start with this: http://fox59.com/2018/06/18/thieves-steal-from-women-who-lost-both-parents-within-a-matter-of-months/

In August, Grisley’s mother died and then six months later, her father died from a brain aneurysm. “Life took our parents away and then the next thing you know somebody just takes whatever’s left of them away,” said Grisley. Grisley and her younger sister have been trying to clean out their parent’s east side home. Last week they didn’t stop by and that’s when someone else did. “They took everything. They didn’t miss any single thing,” said Grisley. Thieves stole seven vehicles and a motorcycle that were all parked in the yard. Also, nearly every appliance inside the home was ripped from the wall.

I'll start with this: http://fox59.com/2018/06/18/thieves-steal-from-women-who-lost-both-parents-within-a-matter-of-months/

In August, Grisley’s mother died and then six months later, her father died from a brain aneurysm. “Life took our parents away and then the next thing you know somebody just takes whatever’s left of them away,” said Grisley. Grisley and her younger sister have been trying to clean out their parent’s east side home. Last week they didn’t stop by and that’s when someone else did. “They took everything. They didn’t miss any single thing,” said Grisley. Thieves stole seven vehicles and a motorcycle that were all parked in the yard. Also, nearly every appliance inside the home was ripped from the wall.

Somebody that knew they weren't stopping by that weekend. Takes quite a while to strip a place that thoroughly. But, on the positive side at least they no longer have to get the cleanout done.

I think the scummiest peeps are those that prey on the susceptible. For instance caregivers that steal credit cards and relatives or SOs that use personal info of others they purport to be close to and steal their credit.

Edited by cashnocredit

7 vehicles? Wouldn't they have had to use a tow service? How could the neighbors not have seen anything at all?

I can see someone not noticing things being taken from inside the house...but outside as well?

As for scummiest, not sure. I think those that hit houses while the family is away at a funeral are considerably lower in the scum barrel...right at the bottom.

As for scummiest, not sure. I think those that hit houses while the family is away at a funeral are considerably lower in the scum barrel...right at the bottom.

That happened a couple times already this year around here. I don't have any links to news articles about it.

7 vehicles? Wouldn't they have had to use a tow service? How could the neighbors not have seen anything at all?

I can see someone not noticing things being taken from inside the house...but outside as well?

Neighbors likely know that somebody is deceased and figured it's a big job and people were hired to do it. And if questioned, that could be what the thieves said.

That happened a couple times already this year around here. I don't have any links to news articles about it.

It happens. Tends to go in cycles. They follow the obits.

Someone has to be really a horrible human being to do something like that...especially if it is the house of the person who died. It is very traumatic on the family.

However, it the case of the article in the OP...they had MONTHS to go through the stuff. (if the mother died in August and 6 months later would have been February)

In the back of my mind I keep wondering if the house might have been foreclosed on and the new owner sent a crew out to cart everything out. Both of them are rather young and might not know anything about probate or notifying the mortgage company of their parents death

(if the house was still under a mortgage - considering the age of the parents, it is quite possible)

The last post in this topic was posted 1553 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.