Sign in to follow this  
TheChosenOne

How to get non-permissable purpose INQs deleted

In tradition of this board's history of helping others, I am offering a letter template, I do realize the policy of CB when it comes to disputing legit INQs, these however, imo were non permissible. A family member who was recently a victim of one of those "show your ID and sign here for a chance to win a tv" events at a car dealership tricked her into signing for what she thought was a tv. Of course it being 65 and having bad eyesight, it was a recipe for disaster. The next day she had 5-7 inquiries on each report, even though she didn't attempt to buy a car or even give permission for her credit to be pulled. So I decided that it was time to fight back. Using an old letter from an old CB thread I would update it a little and boom. Inqs deleted. Now before we regurgitate the fact that inqs matter very little, this was more about moral of it. And yes, she does show up to random places to win prizes that's her thing.

If the board wants I can share the letter. If the board thinks people will abuse it, I won't. Just let me know. Here is the screenshot from Experian's results...

kR5HR0d.jpg

So was this alleged scam perpetrated on 1/30/18, 8/28/17, 9/1/17, or 2/7/18? And how was Chase Card involve in a scam that took place at a car dealership?

So was this alleged scam perpetrated on 1/30/18, 8/28/17, 9/1/17, or 2/7/18? And how was Chase Card involve in a scam that took place at a car dealership?

Well you know boss …. if a couple of other inquiries slipped in the dispute.... well that's alright alright alright....

YC1CAlK.jpg

Why would a car dealer pull inquiries for someone who has expressed no interest in purchasing a car? That doesn't add up. Also, a person that signs something they did not read is not a victim.

Edited by spacemule

Why would a car dealer pull inquiries for someone who has expressed no interest in purchasing a car? That doesn't add up. Also, a person that signs something they did not read is not a victim.

Bad eyesight, though.

Man I'm so glad you guys are here to tell me all the holes in my story.

Why would a used car salesman lie? Are you serious on that one, chief? You weren't born yesterday were ya?

You know what I love about inquires, man? I get older, they stay the same age....

So back to the point of the thread. CV go ask your superiors.... they are your bosses right? I mean I don't think it pays anything but this is one of those online jobs that really pays for itself amirite?

Let me know if you want it or not and stop staring at my bulge.

Bad eyesight, though.

#everythingisfraud

If the board wants I can share the letter.

I think I speak for all blind women who go into car dealerships to win TVs and end up signing things they can neither read nor understand and then end up with several inquiries spaced months apart and need to have the inquiries removed because they're non-permissible when I say, "Yes, please share the letter."

So back to the point of the thread. CV go ask your superiors.... they are your bosses right? I mean I don't think it pays anything but this is one of those online jobs that really pays for itself amirite?

Can you explain the above post to me regarding CV's bosses.?

And where is the inquiry from the automobile dealer?

Why would a used car salesman lie? Are you serious on that one, chief? You weren't born yesterday were ya?

That wasn't what I asked. I asked why would a car salesman pull credit inquiries for someone who has expressed no interest in buying a car. In my experience, they don't do that. There's no reason for them to fill out a credit application if they are not selling a car. It would be of no benefit to them. Filling out an application is work. I wasn't born yesterday, but even if I were, your story lacks motive.

Maybe they are selling her full data to marketers? :dntknw: Who knows what was really on the back of that application, but could it be possible that she signed permissible purpose to multiple entities who then distribute her profile to other clients?

Maybe they are selling her full data to marketers? :dntknw: Who knows what was really on the back of that application, but could it be possible that she signed permissible purpose to multiple entities who then distribute her profile to other clients?

As long as we're speculating, I would speculate that she feigned interest in a car in hopes that she would have better chances of winning the tv, or she was embarrassed to admit she had no interest in a car and was only after the free tv. In either case, along with a signed consent form the dealer would absolutely have permissible purpose.

If the board wants I can share the letter.

I think I speak for all blind women who go into car dealerships to win TVs and end up signing things they can neither read nor understand and then end up with several inquiries spaced months apart and need to have the inquiries removed because they're non-permissible when I say, "Yes, please share the letter."

So you're saying you're an old woman? That would explain a few...

Ok I'll post the letter template. You twisted my arm

As long as we're speculating, I would speculate that she feigned interest in a car in hopes that she would have better chances of winning the tv, or she was embarrassed to admit she had no interest in a car and was only after the free tv. In either case, along with a signed consent form the dealer would absolutely have permissible purpose.

You know they advertise promotions that give out gift cards just to test drive a vehicle. These are the major car dealerships. There are forums on other websites of people literally just going in to get the gift card. According to you everybody is "feignin'" :rolleyes: . Good thing we have you on an online forum to be our moral compass. Have you left your house yet today?

That wasn't what I asked. I asked why would a car salesman pull credit inquiries for someone who has expressed no interest in buying a car. In my experience, they don't do that. There's no reason for them to fill out a credit application if they are not selling a car. It would be of no benefit to them. Filling out an application is work. I wasn't born yesterday, but even if I were, your story lacks motive.

You wanna hear the worst part? You're nobody to me and I don't have to prove anything. So I'm sorry mule, I just don't have time for your simpleton mindset when I'm trying to help others. If you don't know why they would try to see if somebody is credit worthy or wasting their time you wouldn't understand the point of preapproval letters in real estate. I really don't have time to educate people who are ignorant in the ways of the world.

Can you explain the above post to me regarding CV's bosses.?

And where is the inquiry from the automobile dealer?

hey Marv. Good to talk to you again. The alphera and capital one auto were the 3 in the screenshot but my screen wasn't long enough for all the deletions. I didn't think it was as important as the fact that some people who like to visit a car dealership "bonanza" without having their credit thrashed with multiple inquiries.

You wanna hear the worst part? You're nobody to me and I don't have to prove anything. So I'm sorry mule, I just don't have time for your simpleton mindset when I'm trying to help others. If you don't know why they would try to see if somebody is credit worthy or wasting their time you wouldn't understand the point of preapproval letters in real estate. I really don't have time to educate people who are ignorant in the ways of the world.

Again, determining if someone is credit worthy is a waste of their time if the person is not expressing interest in a vehicle. You are correct in that you don't have to prove anything to me or anyone else. That doesn't change the fact that your story is inherently contradictory and implausible.

You know they advertise promotions that give out gift cards just to test drive a vehicle.

I have done a few of those. And you know what--my credit was never pulled.

Here we go... Keep in mind that you should only use this if the inquiries are Non-PP. Disputing legit inquiries can and have resulted in negative effects including the closing of credit accounts and fraud alerts.

Experian
P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013

May 31, 2018

Dear Experian,

I am sending this letter certified mail #XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX so that all parties know you received it.

There are several inquiries that I require proof of a permissible purpose. I need to protect myself from identity theft and I must know whether these inquires were made fraudulently. I do not want a verification of my name, social security number, or address.

Please validate with proper proof of permissible purpose or delete immediately.

09/01/2017
Alphera Financial Serv (Sent letter but no response)

08/28/2017 Alphera Financial Serv (Sent letter but no response)

08/28/2017 Capital One Auto Fin (Sent letter but no response)

Please do not send me a letter stating inquires are a statement of fact because as noted above I am requesting that Experian contact the above companies to verify the information. This is due to some of the above not responding to my requests for validation.

Thank you,

Your Name and Address

Your SSN

Again, determining if someone is credit worthy is a waste of their time if the person is not expressing interest in a vehicle. You are correct in that you don't have to prove anything to me or anyone else. That doesn't change the fact that your story is inherently contradictory and implausible.

Don't really care how contradictory or implausible it seems to you because you are nobody to me. It did happen. I was there when it happened. Don't really care if you believe it or not.

And yes, they did remove them within a couple of weeks, and yes I did get most of the letter from an old thread. I will try and link it for credit because I didn't write this.

Don't really care how contradictory or implausible it seems to you because you are nobody to me. It did happen. I was there when it happened. Don't really care if you believe it or not.

I'm glad that you've established with your multiple posts that you do not care. :wave: