The last post in this topic was posted 1228 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

It's not as simple as just scoring model. For example, IME issuers such as Chase and Citi use bankcard enhanced FICOs.

CUs tend to focus more on DTI IME.

There is MUCH MORE to approvals and high limits than FICO scores. I had limits in the mid to high $30s with sub-700 FICOs.

It's best to simply focus on the state of your reports and not worry about FICO scores.

shifter -I see what you're saying. Some say that it's possible to get to higher CLs and better APR's with good AU's,

not to mention rewards. However if waiting and paying it on time over time is the only option then so be it. I've also

heard that with good income sometimes you can recon, but this may be a situation where patience comes in handy.

Thx for the feedback.

Creditmaze-Thx for the info.

Edited by AntoineTheCreditGenius

So the goal is quick, high limit approvals with the thought that issuers that use FICO8 is the way to go?

There is MUCH MORE to approvals and high limits than FICO scores. I had limits in the mid to high $30s with sub-700 FICOs.

It's best to simply focus on the state of your reports and not worry about FICO scores.

+1

Big Bear Actually I hear that banks that use FICO 08 models will ignore aus.

You may be recalling very old info.

When FICO 8 was first rolled out initially it was not supposed to include AUs in scoring. However, this was quickly dropped. Same thing happened with Vantagescore 3. Mostly because it was considered unfair to the non income spouse when only one worked. This is also the rationale why it's ok to state combined income, or "income you have a reasonable expectation of access to" when applying for credit cards.

Edited by cashnocredit

cashnocredit That's good info. Especially knowing they will consider "income you have a reasonable expectation of access to". I've heard other variables could include the actual length of employment as well. With only au's not sure what the outcome will be, trying to dot the i's and cross the t's first. Recently opened a "my jewelers club account with a $5,000 limit, only spent $150 on it, hoping that will help the situation. But it's a new account, so the average AAOA altogether (if they include aus) will be about 3 years.

Hope isn't a good strategy. You should have followed the advice above. That jeweler card isn't going to help you and could possibly hurt you when it comes to starting limits on the other new cards.

The last post in this topic was posted 1228 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By financialevolution
      Back in March of 2020 I got behind on a number of my credit cards.  I spoke to all of them and made arrangements to make payments. Fast forward to today, I sent the following letter to them to attempt to delete the late payments . I got responses from three credit card companies, they are completely ignoring it.

"Effective January 31, 2020, creditors should have changed the way they are reporting late payments. In light of the recent CARES Act, creditors should not report any late payments to the credit reporting agencies during the CARES Act period* to avoid harming my credit score. This change is temporary, and applies ONLY during the CARES Act period as defined below.
      On March 27, 2020, the United States congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) to help Americans during this uncertain time. Among other things, the Act is designed to help protect my credit during the pandemic.
      Based on this information about my rights and protections under the CARES Act please remove any late payments you have reported to the credit agencies ASAP.
      * CARES Act Period- Requirements apply to certain consumer account payments made between January 31, 2020 and the later of either: 120 days after March 27, 2020 or 120 days after the national emergency concerning COVID–19 ends."

Your thoughts...

• By Wildchilde36
      So seriously, have a small balance in no interest. Thought I would start on it and paid I think 500 on it.  Balance goes down right?  You would think a lower balance would make the score go up?  WRONG.   Punished 8 points for paying on it.  What the heck.  This is not the first time I have noticed this.  Is it just me?  Happening to others since the Rona?  Here’s a pic. Well it won’t let me post a pic. But.  It’s off myfico.  Experience, your balance dropped by 500.  Score now 739 -8.  

• By pinkonlypink
      I am able to pay off my credit card, car and student loan (everything except my mortgage.)
      I have read that paying off most of your debt lowers your credit score. (Something about if you don't have to make payments then you can't show you make payments on time.)
      It has taken me years to get my 844, so of course I don't want it to drop. But I don't think I'm up for paying interest just to keep my score high.
      Also, if I pay my accounts in full, and use a credit card and carry a balance in the future, will my score lower more because the balance of what I owe has increased? 
      Thoughts, please.
      Thank you.

• By iammagi
      I want to dispute two of my personal loans as having zero balances. Then use the resulting score bump to hopefully increase my chances of getting instant approval. Will this work or will the disputes cause potential instant approvals to automatically fail? I know, I know, once it's to an underwriter they'll be some explaining to do but will disputing help for auto approvals? 
    • By Boing
      Yay!! My Equifax score finally hit 802! I almost cant believe that my score has risen to this level. Im now focused on raising Experian and Transunion. Ex and TU both still show my Bk. Ive disputed each CB a few times to no avail. Ex even told me over the phone that it was going to do the deletion. But, no dice. Ill keep reading and hoping that I finally will get Ex and TU to move.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CrispyCritter

Important Information

Guidelines