Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Thinking about closing Walmart store card

The last post in this topic was posted 913 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a Walmart store only card and a Walmart MC. Obviously I would keep the MC open. The store card was opened in 2015 and the MC was opened in 2016.

It's not hard for me to purchase a pencil to keep the store card open, but its a useless card to me. My reasoning for wanting to close it, is to free up some exposure to help get the Wally MC up to a higher CL without anal cavity searches.

Thoughts? Opinions? What would you do?

Edited by TheVig

Do you ever get spending offers on the store card, no matter how comical? Like $10 for spending $250 around the holidays?

I've done more degrading things for less money.

Do you ever get spending offers on the store card, no matter how comical? Like $10 for spending $250 around the holidays?

No spending offers on the store card, other than the long term 6/12 months 0% financing for X amount of spend. I get that offer on the MC too, along with other spend offers from time to time.

I'm not too ashamed of the degrading things I've done for Klondike bars.

Edited by TheVig

I get those every now and then, but I can't remember if it is on the MC or not??

Even though its just a store card, closing a card with a $10k limit is messing with my mind...…..yeah It's all in my head I guess.

I logged into my account and noticed Sync makes closure very easy with a few clicks.

Even though its just a store card, closing a card with a $10k limit is messing with my mind.....yeah It's all in my head I guess.

I logged into my account and noticed Sync makes closure very easy with a few clicks.

Oh didnt know it held 10k ekk well thats something to think about in the back of ur mind u seem to want to do something with it go win ur first thought 10k stopped me from closing my jcp card too but if I had two one would go down or see if can combine!

Even though its just a store card, closing a card with a $10k limit is messing with my mind...…..yeah It's all in my head I guess.

I understand the instinct. I have some useless cards that need to go away too. I stopped my tradition of creating a thread every January about cards I'm going to close in the following year because I wasn't following through.

I mean, good lord, I still have a Macy's store card and a W*****t MasterCard of my own. :swoon:

I could call the magic number and see if there is a one off chance of them letting me move all or part of the limit over to Walmart MC. Doubtful, but worth a call. I'll report back.

It's done. I closed the store card. I still have the Walmart MasterCard, which I have no intention of closing.

On a side note. The DW is being a smartass today. She said, look on the bright side. You have reduced your exposure to Sync, that means this fall when they take over the Crate & Barell accounts, you should be an easy approval.

stone cold savage she is

It's done. I closed the store card. I still have the Walmart MasterCard, which I have no intention of closing.

On a side note. The DW is being a smartass today. She said, look on the bright side. You have reduced your exposure to Sync, that means this fall when they take over the Crate & Barell accounts, you should be an easy approval.

stone cold savage she is

Nasty. Beast mode!

I have a Walmart store only card and a Walmart MC. Obviously I would keep the MC open. The store card was opened in 2015 and the MC was opened in 2016.

It's not hard for me to purchase a pencil to keep the store card open, but its a useless card to me. My reasoning for wanting to close it, is to free up some exposure to help get the Wally MC up to a higher CL without anal cavity searches.

Thoughts? Opinions? What would you do?

I did that with the Sam's club accounts that I had. I kept the MC and closed the store card.

stone cold savage she is

Smart move u dont need two of the same cards.. and later u will get it back anyways cli 😎

Were you able to soft pull your way to a $10K CLI for the MC or was that what they gave you when the card was opened?

Even though its just a store card, closing a card with a $10k limit is messing with my mind.....yeah It's all in my head I guess.

Were you able to soft pull your way to a $10K CLI for the MC or was that what they gave you when the card was opened?

The MC started out around $1200. SP my way to $7800, and it was stuck there until a few months ago when I got it SP to $10k.

The last post in this topic was posted 913 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.