Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Incorrect notices by lienholder

The last post in this topic was posted 813 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I received a "NOTICE OF DISPOSITION AND OUR PLAN TO SELL PROPERTY" dated 4/16/2018 sent via certified mail.

I responded via certified mail within the 10 day timeline stated in the letter requesting a public sale of the property.

I did not receive a reply back either via telephone or in writing stating the date the sale was to take place.

I received a letter stating that the property was sold on 5/8/2018 via certified mail for $18,000.

I received a letter dated 5/15/2018 sent via certified mail stating that the property would be sold on 5/28/2018. This letter was sent AFTER I received the previous letter stating the car was already sold. This final letter received contains several errors:

1. The date of the public auction is wrong. The auction house (Manheim) confirmed they are closed on the day listed ( 5/28/2018) as that is a holiday.

2. The amount listed under (Total Amount required to redeem) is $12,071.54 is wrong. Upon calling attempting to pay the stated amount I was told that the correct amount is approximately $30,000. I have recorded this phone call.

Upon calling several times and asking for the correct auction date, the responses have been "I do not know". I asked if I would receive a letter stating the correct date and the answer was "probably not"

The last post in this topic was posted 813 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MaryK2020
      Trying to help a friend and not sure what to do. They were just served with paperwork from the Courts in Osceola County, Fl. It was filed by Raush Sturm on behalf of Sears for some appliances purchased almost 5 years ago. The account was interest free and when it came time to make the final payment it was offered to Sears to split the final payment within 7 days of each other to clear the account. They refused and final payment was not made. In the documents they included only 1 statement which shows a balance now due of $9027.70 as of 1/9/2019.  Currently she has 10 days to answer the court complaint and I have no idea what we need to document or request. The amount is beyond ridiculous and she is currently a full time student with an unemployed spouse. Is there a way to request validation of the debt with all statement copies and proof it was purchased individually and not a bundle purchase (meaning they have no documents to prove they rightfully own?)

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. I have been reading on your boards about them being in the Hall of Fame for bad collectors. 

Thanks !
    • By JoeSchmoe
      I posted a thread in the general credit forum but figured this may be more appropriate for the automotive, so I apologize for the cross post:

So my question is about this settlement:

http://santandermultistateagsettlement.com/Home/portalid/0

I had an SUV repo’d in summer of 2017 (originally purchased in 2012). Since I handed over the keys when they picked it up, I guess they considered it voluntary, so it’s listed as a charge-off. I just wrapped up a divorce at the time and I kept the vehicle as a result but it was still in both me and my ex-spouse’s name at the time it was taken.

Fast forward to now and it’s been awhile since they have contacted me. I disputed with all bureaus to try and get it off my reports and it was deleted on EX but it was verified on EQ and TU.

Based on the outcome of this settlement, will I be able to get it removed from the other two bureaus? Oh and I’m in TX by the way (not one of the states listed in the lawsuit).
    • By MarvBear
      https://abovethelaw.com/2020/02/after-40-years-the-lexisnexis-mainframe-is-no-more/

There is no paywall.   I did not know this, but found it interesting.
    • By bruiseviolet
      Long story short, have an old judgement, that while it isn't showing on my credit reports, shows up as public record when the mortgage company pulled my credit.  I have to get it paid/settled/removed in order for them to approve my mortgage loan.  How can I best protect my assets while I try and settle with them?  So far I have been able to fly under their radar as I am self employed, have a different bank account and don't have any auto loans.  I know since the judgement they have tried to get information in court from companies I have done contract work for, so I know they are diligently trying to garnish wages from me.  How can I protect my bank account while I am in contact with them to settle the judgement and get it taken care of?  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    smithrobert
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines