Sign in to follow this  
Omgitsaustinb

Chase Blacklist, how long is their memory?

I burned Chase back in 2006 for high 5 figures in credit card debt. I was never sued for the debt and never paid/settled it. Fast forward to 2018 I now have fico 9 scores in the low 800s with all 3 bureaus. 11 active credit cards, 100% payment history, 0% utilization, and AAofA 5 and a half years. Does Chase keep records of negative relationships that far back. They are the only major credit card issuer I haven't bothered applying for because they were the only one I burned back in the day.

There's only one way to know for sure. Pick the card that you're most interested in and apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I burned Chase back in 2006 for high 5 figures in credit card debt. I was never sued for the debt and never paid/settled it. Fast forward to 2018 I now have fico 9 scores in the low 800s with all 3 bureaus. 11 active credit cards, 100% payment history, 0% utilization, and AAofA 5 and a half years. Does Chase keep records of negative relationships that far back. They are the only major credit card issuer I haven't bothered applying for because they were the only one I burned back in the day.

YMMV, but I had a charge off from 2006/7 and got back in with them in 2017.

Check out their Pre Qual site and see what shows up.

Nothing showed up on the prequalified Chase page, that's why I was curious. Every other issuer that has a prequalified search gave me several results. Again this could also be because I'm currently over 5/24

DW is still on Chase's $h!tlist as of last year - had a couple accounts "settle for less" with her previous DH. That was 2010.

I had a Chase card CO without recovery back in 1998 and I was dragged back in through WaMu whenever that happened and I wasn't shut down. So I would concur its around the 10 year mark for either CO or Settle.

Nothing showed up on the prequalified Chase page, that's why I was curious. Every other issuer that has a prequalified search gave me several results. Again this could also be because I'm currently over 5/24

You may still be on their 'nope' list.

I'm still on their "no" list after burning them in bk in 2009. When I called, they specifically said it was my bankruptcy. Not that I burned them (implied, however.) So at this point, I will just wait until the bk falls off next year, wait a few months, and try again.

It could be the 5/24 or if you opened an account within the last six months.