It's official!!! Ally Financial Approved my loan.

I picked up my new car May 10 didn't want to post anything until I knew for sure the contract/loan had been funded. Account is now showing on my Ally online profile.

Loan amount: $39,200

APR: 8.34%

72 payments

No Docs Required

I paid sale taxes out of pocket and I also did a trade. Was this snart?

I plan to have this baby paid off in 24 payments. Ally principal payments structuring is a bit confusing. My payments are $697 a month if I pay my loan up for the remainder of this year, will I avoid finance charges for said month?

I was also told that if I make a payment that I want applied to the principal I would need to call and request that it be reallocated to principal balance.

• Admin

I think you can do this online. On their payment portal. I paid mine off several years ago and just can't really remember.

If you are happy with the deal, then what anyone else thinks doesn't mean diddly squat.

On an MVRISA a payment is due each and every month as scheduled in the REG Z box. Follow their explicit instructions to assure your extra $'s are applied to the loan principal.

Thanks Marv! I love my new car. I still can't believe I have it. #Bless

I'll update this thread once I make my principal payment. I did read a few negative complaints about Ally but I'm hoping those are isolated incidents. So far Ally is a winner in my book 👍

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Killbadcredit said:

congratulations! God bless.

not trying to hi jack hour thread but I had a question? If I get a high interest loan and pay it off before set date, will I still pay the high interest? Hope it make sense

With most* retail installment contracts, you pay interest on the balance owed. There are some predatory loan contracts that might front end load the interest (The 72 Rule?) but those are few and far between and probably illegal in most states.

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Abaliyah1
      Hello ,
      I am in debt about 80k i was offered a debt relief program but iam skepitcal...
      Can i call and negotiate myself the small debt then the big ones ??
      Please help 
    • By iadorebunnies
      Any explanation would be great. I thought to list a series of events would be better than some long paragraph. I have pics and proof for all events below. 

Mid May: Ordered Vehicle (checked credit score showing 730 at the time)

June 7: Toyota Financial Services received payment for old lease

June 12: TFS closed account

June 30: TFS reported to the credit bureau account closed on June 12

Friday July 9: Credit was pulled by dealer (first of knowing of outstanding balance on a said closed account)Was able to get bumped to a Tier 2. (Nothing was reported nor sent to me that I had an outstanding balance)

Monday July 12: called Transunion because their score was what was pulled that hurt the deal. Transunion said that they show nothing of delinquency on my report AND show no history of it being removed nor it ever being on there in the first place.

Evening July 12: called Experian because no other apps were showing a tier 3 credit score. They also said they had no history of it ever being on my report. (Talked to about five differnent people) They put me on a callback list to speak to a supervisor. Associate had said supervisor was in a meeting and would call back.

July 13: Called Experian again to figure what happened. Received notifications that my credit score had increased 66 points and delinquency was removed notifications on Experian app. (No certainty that it was removed from report because they said there’s nothing bad on my report. I guess I take their word for it??)

Evening July 13: received a notifications from credit apps that Toyota Motor Credit has reported positive activity on a outstanding loan balance. Loan paid.

July 14: Called TFS to request document to cross reference dates.

July 16: Called TFS to speak to Toyota Motor Credit. Turns out there’s no one to speak to in that department. It’s the same as calling TFS. Called Experian again to ask why they are just now reflecting on my credit that I had an outstanding balance that was just closed on July 13 not what TFS sent which states that it was closed in June 12. Experian had told me that the account was closed in June but when I explained to them that’s not what I’m seeing in my emails and notifications, they became combative and hung up on me. No one can tell me how and why on July 9, a inaccurate mistake cost me money and no one can send me my credit report to verify that there’s no delinquency. TFS agree that someone dropped the ball (but not them) and is willing to send any and all reports they have on my accounts. All credit bureaus has yet to send me to any documentation of removal of alleged delinquency and I will never know what happen on July 9th that cost me money. I’m paying more than I should and I could’ve been out of $1k(nonrefundable deposit to order vehicle) because I will not sign a tier 3 deal. Who knows how long I would’ve been without a car in this market if that were true.
    • By Diana2021
      Any advice is much appreciated! 

I graduated with my masters in Aug 2020 and havent had a full time job since Dec 2019. My mom was laid off because of covid in March 2020 and I stopped making payments to credit cards after graduating from my masters (Sept 2020) because my student loans stopped coming and my mom could barely make her own mortgage payments. Since Sept 2020, Ive severely damaged my credit and am now in over $27k cc debt. 

I've since moved to Europe and don't plan to come back to the US, at least not for several years, to pursue lower cost education here. 

I don't know how to proceed with my cc debt because I've been told since my credit is already tanked that it wouldnt matter if I pay off my debt, attempt to lower my 23-25% interest rates on my 9 credit cards, or try to negotiate a lower payoff. 

I work part time remotely for a client in the US but the work is random and not guaranteed. The most I've made since I started with her in Dec 2020 was $1100 a month. 

I contacted a debt consolidation law firm in the US but they want to charge me a $750 retainer and then $600 a month for 36 months to pay off my cards. Im waiting to hear if they guarantee these cards will be paid. 

No idea how to proceed and feeling overwhelmed because I want to do the right thing but Im drowning in interest rates and have called two banks to talk with them only to be yelled at and shamed. 

Do you have any advice for me?
    • By allclear
      Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had some advice regarding the following:

I recently pulled our credit and Ally Financial is showing a charge off (CO) in the amount of $997.77 for a Chevy Volt lease we had back in 2013. The amount was written off sometime in 2020 and we were sent a Form 1099-C. I spoke with Ally Financial today and was told the charges were for excess wear and tear - it was our understanding that when we returned the car this was being taken care of by the dealer - we turned the car in a month or two early with low miles and some equity in it and leased another Volt from the same dealer. The rep from Ally that I spoke with today said that even if I wanted to do a PFD I couldn't because our balance is showing as $0.00. 

Sooooo… based on the above and the below example of how the account is showing on our Experian CR, what do you guys suggest we do to clean this up???
      Any help, advice, guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

THANK YOU in advance!

This is how it's showing on our Experian Report:
      Account Name: ALLY FINANCIAL
      Account Number: ######XXXXXX
      Account Type: Auto Lease
      Responsibility: Joint with XXXXX
      Date Opened: 5/30/2013
      Status Updated: Aug 2020
      Balance: -
      Balance Updated: -
      Recent Payment: -
      Monthly Payment: $0
      Original Balance: $13,065
      Highest Balance: $0 
      Terms: 36 Months
      On Record Until: May 2024
      Payment History: Current on payments from August 2014 thru July 2017, then it shows CO (Charge-off) from August 2017 thru July 2020, and finally it shows CLS (Closed) August 2020.
    • By andythorn2
      I need advice on how to get out debt.

I'm struggling with piled up mortgage fees right now since I lost my work in this pandemic. Thankfully, I got hired again recently, but am now dealing with a load of debt to pay off. The total mortgage that I need to pay of is roughly $50,000 with late bills which is roughly about $15,000. I came across a website and learned a bit about debt consolidation but I still am struggling on where to start... Any suggestions and recommendations will certainly be helpful in my situations. Thank you in advance.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jamesmichael12

Important Information

Guidelines