Jump to content

bigpoppa09

BOA is stopping HP for CLI

Recommended Posts


On 12/5/2018 at 5:32 AM, Big Bear said:

That was all the motivation I needed (I'm still gun shy from when they axed my CL back in '07-'08).

 

Asked for 100k and they countered, ever so slightly. :)

 

u5UPNRo.jpg

 

 

FWIW, I have yet to receive notifications of any hard pull, though the language was still there on the CLI page.

 

On 5/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, CTSoxFan said:

Since it would be no HP, I tried for a $100 CLI on my BOA card. Yes, just a $100 CLI. Why...because it is sitting at $99,900 and I want it to hit $100K. Previous attempts in the past for over $100K have been denied, so I figured that I would just try to get it to the even $100K. Looks like no dice, as I see that I have the familiar decline letter coming in the mail today. Oh well.

 

On 12/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, cv91915 said:

I just picked up $34,700 across three of our cards.  The Cash Rewards Visa is now my second highest limit.

 

My Travel Rewards, was $22,800 (requested $50,000):

 

Your new total credit line is $36,500.00 with a cash credit line of $14,800.00 and is available for immediate use. 

 

TAD's Premium Rewards card, was $21,000 (requested $60,000):

 

Your new total credit line is $33,600.00 with a cash credit line of $13,500.00 and is available for immediate use. 

 

Joint Cash Rewards card, was $55,000 (requested ($85,000):

 

Your new total credit line is $63,400.00 with a cash credit line of $23,100.00 and is available for immediate use. 

I just noticed another 99.9k data point, which was sitting here right under my nose.

 

There is at least one example in this thread of someone with higher combined limits with Bank of America, but 99.9k may be a threshold with some significance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cv91915 said:

 

 

I just noticed another 99.9k data point, which was sitting here right under my nose.

 

There is at least one example in this thread of someone with higher combined limits with Bank of America, but 99.9k may be a threshold with some significance.

From what I've seen elsewhere that appears to be a common cap even to the point where people already at $99.9K would successfully apply for another card only to find that its entire starting limit was scavenged from another card leaving them at $99.9K total.  I have exactly $100K across my cards but I got there with a CLI request that was deferred then manually approved.  I am also Platinum Honors through a Merrill brokerage account.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's get some more people to this point for more data points! :)

 

 

I've been dormant in the new card game for far too long, and every now and then I'm tempted by a BoA SUB, but I just can't subject myself to the near certainty of limit theft (whether true or mostly me being neurotic).

 

As it stands, I'm okay with the missing $100 on my highest limited card that sees very little use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Big Bear said:

Let's get some more people to this point for more data points! :)

 

 

I've been dormant in the new card game for far too long, and every now and then I'm tempted by a BoA SUB, but I just can't subject myself to the near certainty of limit theft (whether true or mostly me being neurotic).

 

As it stands, I'm okay with the missing $100 on my highest limited card that sees very little use.

If u really want the SUB BB call in and do the App u can tell them how much to theft lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 4:58 PM, bigpoppa09 said:

If u really want the SUB BB call in and do the App u can tell them how much to theft lol.

Is "none" an appropriate amount to suggest? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update to my previous post.  

BOA reallocated my credit lines so I'm still at 99.9K

I didn't notice until I got my new statement.

 

I have 70k on one and 29.9 on the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 2:14 AM, Fitzhume said:

 

Went from $50K to $70K.  Asked for $100K.

$119.9K total across two cards now.

 

 

20 minutes ago, Fitzhume said:

Update to my previous post.  

BOA reallocated my credit lines so I'm still at 99.9K

I didn't notice until I got my new statement.

 

I have 70k on one and 29.9 on the other.

 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:11 PM, Big Bear said:

Let's get some more people to this point for more data points! :)

 

 

I've been dormant in the new card game for far too long, and every now and then I'm tempted by a BoA SUB, but I just can't subject myself to the near certainty of limit theft (whether true or mostly me being neurotic).

 

As it stands, I'm okay with the missing $100 on my highest limited card that sees very little use.

There you go.

 

@Fitzhume, thanks for posting the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 5:51 PM, almostanonymous said:

Haven't been on here in quite a while .. just stumbled across this thread and have it a go.  36.5 to 55k instant approval no pull. Not bad.

 

Link popped up again some time in the past couple of days, requested 76k and was countered with 65.1k.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 3:47 AM, cv91915 said:

 

 

I just noticed another 99.9k data point, which was sitting here right under my nose.

 

There is at least one example in this thread of someone with higher combined limits with Bank of America, but 99.9k may be a threshold with some significance.

I'm running out of the larger SUBs and want to open something this week.

 

The BoA Premier Rewards card is a candidate, however since I'm at 99.9k on my two current cards I'm betting that they'll take whatever limit they give me at approval from the $36,500 limit I have on the Travel Rewards Visa... which I'm actually using.

 

The $63,400 Cash Rewards Visa is a joint account with my spouse, so I don't think they'll touch that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmmm... I am seeing this language on my card.. BofA thefted twice from 50 to 30k to 20k in the last 7 yrs.. I had stopped using it completely.

 

 

To request an increased line of credit, complete the form and click "Submit" button.

By clicking the "Submit" button, you authorize us to obtain a copy of your credit report and review your credit and employment histories and any other information that allows us to process your request, service your account and manage our relationship with you. Upon request, we will inform you of the name and address of any consumer reporting agency that provided reports to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 10:04 PM, cv91915 said:

I'm running out of the larger SUBs and want to open something this week.

 

The BoA Premier Rewards card is a candidate, however since I'm at 99.9k on my two current cards I'm betting that they'll take whatever limit they give me at approval from the $36,500 limit I have on the Travel Rewards Visa... which I'm actually using.

 

The $63,400 Cash Rewards Visa is a joint account with my spouse, so I don't think they'll touch that one.

IME, they won't touch the joint account.

 

They have only taken from cards that I don't actually use or haven't used recently.  I think if you put a $5 charge on the card they won't touch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, cv91915 said:

I'm running out of the larger SUBs and want to open something this week.

 

The BoA Premier Rewards card is a candidate, however since I'm at 99.9k on my two current cards I'm betting that they'll take whatever limit they give me at approval from the $36,500 limit I have on the Travel Rewards Visa... which I'm actually using.

 

The $63,400 Cash Rewards Visa is a joint account with my spouse, so I don't think they'll touch that one.

Why is my application still in review?

We were unable to provide an instant decision on your application, so it’s under additional review by one of our credit analysts. A credit decision is typically made in 10-15 business days. Your application status is updated on a daily basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Krish said:

hmmmm... I am seeing this language on my card.. BofA thefted twice from 50 to 30k to 20k in the last 7 yrs.. I had stopped using it completely.

 

 

To request an increased line of credit, complete the form and click "Submit" button.

By clicking the "Submit" button, you authorize us to obtain a copy of your credit report and review your credit and employment histories and any other information that allows us to process your request, service your account and manage our relationship with you. Upon request, we will inform you of the name and address of any consumer reporting agency that provided reports to us.

That same language was still present back when I got my last SP approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

👆 $99,900 discussion 👆

While revisiting this thread, you could have been considerate and updated your March post with the outcome!  😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

last time I tried a CLI on BofA was 4 years ago and I was denied, then after few months I got a message from them that I qualify for a CLI and I got 2k.

 

1 year later I combined the CL to 10k, 9k and 1k (on the oldest).

Last month I used balance transfer (0 apr for 12 mo) on both big CC. my credit score dropped to 640 from 790.

 

Should I try a CLI ? I don't want a HP on my credit. I am planning to get a mortgage this time next year.

 

Also all my credit reports are frozen and have a fraud alert until October 2020,  so they should not be able to get a HP, unless they talk with me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang didnt know BofA was so generous with CLIs.  My oldest card is BofA from when my Charles Schwab 2% card got converted to BofA and over all these years and excellent credit they never gave my an increase... I guess I have to request one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at $104.9k across three cards.  

 

I've asked for a CLI and they always say I need to use my cads more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I just got my first BOA card after 10 years.

Business cash rewards.

I am going to run it into the ground.

Will actually apply for a personal in 6 months.

Then I will only use that for all expenses until I meet that SUB.

Will see how close I can get to 100k over the next few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, althes said:

Wow I just got my first BOA card after 10 years.

Business cash rewards.

I am going to run it into the ground.

Will actually apply for a personal in 6 months.

Then I will only use that for all expenses until I meet that SUB.

Will see how close I can get to 100k over the next few years.


Are limits on BoA business cards calculated along with personal cards in terms of one's total exposure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





  • Today's Birthdays

    1. PAFICO
      PAFICO
      Age: 63
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      177,772
    • Most Online
      1,528

    Newest Member
    valentiinemon
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines