bigpoppa09

BOA is stopping HP for CLI

I've been pumping a lot through my BOA account, with only a 6K limit (usually 4K per month) and I've never got a CLI. (I did burn BOA for 10K or so in the past - 9 years ago).

After reading this post, I'm going to see if I can get a soft on Tuesday (I'll give 'em an extra day, I'm in no hurry).

I'll be sure to report back.

Well, it took a few days, but I got that CLI from Bank of America. Not sure if it was a 'hard" yet, but the link did show up in a new place for me. I went from $8K to $15K (They asked, I didn't want to be greedy, and $15K would have been my biggest limit, now matched by Amex and Capital One Venture (I asked for $15K and they countered with $14.750K... really? The extra $250 was too much?))

Always aim high when you're asking for a CLI.

I'll always be conservative with BA CLI requests -- shades of "once bitten, twice shy":

Called BA for an increase in something like '09 (If I recall correctly, an automated system would handle phone requests, granting approvals without CSR contact.) In my case, a credit analyst intercepted the call and upon reviewing my 2 credit lines, cut each by roughly half. (I think I had around $67 k in place before the cut.)

Only adverse action I've ever encountered re credit lines (other than CLI request denials).

I just hit the luv button. $14.8k to $18k. I asked for $20k

So far it looks like a SP for me. :wave:

Always aim high when you're asking for a CLI.

I'll always be conservative with BA CLI requests -- shades of "once bitten, twice shy":

Called BA for an increase in something like '09 (If I recall correctly, an automated system would handle phone requests, granting approvals without CSR contact.) In my case, a credit analyst intercepted the call and upon reviewing my 2 credit lines, cut each by roughly half. (I think I had around $67 k in place before the cut.)

Only adverse action I've ever encountered re credit lines (other than CLI request denials).

Same thing happened to me with BOA back in the meltdown days. Had a 15K CL and was cut to $1000, got it back to $5700 with HP a couple years ago.

Got my 123 Rewards Card from $11k to $18k, no HP alerts as of now.

Got DW 123 Card from $12k to $21k, and her world Mastercard from $14k to $22k.

Again, no HP alerts from her as well.

Thank you Poppa for the post....

Congrats

No problem man Congrats.

Thanks Vig, I appreciate it.

Good to hear from ya poppa, it’s been a while.

Still waiting on you coming to Phoenix. When you get here maybe we can spit-roast Kat at her bar on Indian School if she’s down and in town. Pretty sure she will love it!!

Kat should chime in soon...lol

Thanks Vig, I appreciate it.

Good to hear from ya poppa, its been a while.

Still waiting on you coming to Phoenix. When you get here maybe we can spit-roast Kat at her bar on Indian School if shes down and in town. Pretty sure she will love it!!

Ok I will be down to Phoenix soon.

Good to hear from ya poppa, it’s been a while.

Still waiting on you coming to Phoenix. When you get here maybe we can spit-roast Kat at her bar on Indian School if she’s down and in town. Pretty sure she will love it!!

:o

Requested CLI from 5700 to 20000. Got 7-10 day message.

That sucks. BofA not like you or something? I figured you would be higher than 5700 to begin with.

That sucks. BofA not like you or something? I figured you would be higher than 5700 to begin with.

One my oldest card with BOA ... that was the one they cut back during the meltdown. Ironically, I also have a $20K card with BOA that was an affinity group card, then the group went to another bank and this was converted to a plain BOA Rewards card. I need to re-read the combine thread to see if BOA will combine without an HP.

One my oldest card with BOA ... that was the one they cut back during the meltdown. Ironically, I also have a $20K card with BOA that was an affinity group card, then the group went to another bank and this was converted to a plain BOA Rewards card. I need to re-read the combine thread to see if BOA will combine without an HP.

They will combine without a HP.

Reminds me that I was overdue to request the next round...as always, should have asked for more.

E6sfYCN.jpg

Beautiful!!!

Nice!

At $35k with BofA. Wonder if they'll match my highest - Currently @ $50k.

ETA:

Congratulations! Your credit line has been approved.

Your new total credit line is $50,000.00 with a cash credit line of $5,000.00 and is available for immediate use.

Edited by Matti

Since it would be no HP, I tried for a $100 CLI on my BOA card. Yes, just a $100 CLI. Why...because it is sitting at $99,900 and I want it to hit $100K. Previous attempts in the past for over $100K have been denied, so I figured that I would just try to get it to the even $100K. Looks like no dice, as I see that I have the familiar decline letter coming in the mail today. Oh well.

Went from $28k -> $42k on one card and have $19k on other. Decided not to pull trigger on 2nd card yet.

Since it would be no HP, I tried for a $100 CLI on my BOA card. Yes, just a $100 CLI. Why...because it is sitting at $99,900 and I want it to hit $100K. Previous attempts in the past for over $100K have been denied, so I figured that I would just try to get it to the even $100K. Looks like no dice, as I see that I have the familiar decline letter coming in the mail today. Oh well.

Banks are strange sometimes... I was sitting at $11,750 with Capital One, and I asked for a CLI to $15K. They countered with $14,750. Like the $250 really makes that much difference to them. I have close to $150K in unused lines, but they can't give me that extra $250.

Reminds me that I was overdue to request the next round...as always, should have asked for more.

E6sfYCN.jpg

Beautiful!!!

Nice!

ETA:

Your new total credit line is $50,000.00 with a cash credit line of $5,000.00 and is available for immediate use.

Nice!

Edited by cv91915

Went from $28k -> $42k on one card and have $19k on other. Decided not to pull trigger on 2nd card yet.

Beautiful! Make sure they didn't steal part of your increase from your other card. :)

Beautiful! Make sure they didn't steal part of your increase from your other card. :)

Thanks. Just confirmed no theft of other limit, but I did make a typo. That one is only $18k, not $19k. So total limit with BofA now at $60k.

Thanks. Just confirmed no theft of other limit, but I did make a typo. That one is only $18k, not $19k. So total limit with BofA now at $60k.

:good:

E6sfYCN.jpg

Beautiful!!!

Nice!

ETA:

Congrats!

Awesome! Congrats!

Not to sway you one way or the other, but I also have 2 cards and I got CLIs on both this week. Each went from 15,400 to 25,500. Just saying... :wave:

... edit: It was last week. Not this week.

Edited by deanmartini

Pulled the trigger after reading this post. Had $20K and requested $30K. Got the 7-10 day message and figured it was a denial. After four days it was finally approved and no HP that I can tell. :yahoo: