bigpoppa09

BOA is stopping HP for CLI

On 12/5/2018 at 5:32 AM, Big Bear said:

That was all the motivation I needed (I'm still gun shy from when they axed my CL back in '07-'08).

Asked for 100k and they countered, ever so slightly. :)

u5UPNRo.jpg

FWIW, I have yet to receive notifications of any hard pull, though the language was still there on the CLI page.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, CTSoxFan said:

Since it would be no HP, I tried for a $100 CLI on my BOA card. Yes, just a $100 CLI. Why...because it is sitting at $99,900 and I want it to hit $100K. Previous attempts in the past for over $100K have been denied, so I figured that I would just try to get it to the even $100K. Looks like no dice, as I see that I have the familiar decline letter coming in the mail today. Oh well.

On 12/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, cv91915 said:

I just picked up $34,700 across three of our cards.  The Cash Rewards Visa is now my second highest limit.

My Travel Rewards, was $22,800 (requested $50,000):

Your new total credit line is $36,500.00 with a cash credit line of $14,800.00 and is available for immediate use. 

TAD's Premium Rewards card, was $21,000 (requested $60,000):

Your new total credit line is $33,600.00 with a cash credit line of $13,500.00 and is available for immediate use. 

Joint Cash Rewards card, was $55,000 (requested ($85,000):

Your new total credit line is $63,400.00 with a cash credit line of $23,100.00 and is available for immediate use. 

I just noticed another 99.9k data point, which was sitting here right under my nose.

There is at least one example in this thread of someone with higher combined limits with Bank of America, but 99.9k may be a threshold with some significance.

17 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I just noticed another 99.9k data point, which was sitting here right under my nose.

There is at least one example in this thread of someone with higher combined limits with Bank of America, but 99.9k may be a threshold with some significance.

From what I've seen elsewhere that appears to be a common cap even to the point where people already at $99.9K would successfully apply for another card only to find that its entire starting limit was scavenged from another card leaving them at $99.9K total.  I have exactly $100K across my cards but I got there with a CLI request that was deferred then manually approved.  I am also Platinum Honors through a Merrill brokerage account.

Let's get some more people to this point for more data points! :)

I've been dormant in the new card game for far too long, and every now and then I'm tempted by a BoA SUB, but I just can't subject myself to the near certainty of limit theft (whether true or mostly me being neurotic).

As it stands, I'm okay with the missing $100 on my highest limited card that sees very little use.

9 hours ago, Big Bear said:

Let's get some more people to this point for more data points! :)

I've been dormant in the new card game for far too long, and every now and then I'm tempted by a BoA SUB, but I just can't subject myself to the near certainty of limit theft (whether true or mostly me being neurotic).

As it stands, I'm okay with the missing $100 on my highest limited card that sees very little use.

If u really want the SUB BB call in and do the App u can tell them how much to theft lol.