How common are Chase auto CLI ?

Dennis007

The last post in this topic was posted 1344 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Curiosity question really. I recently app'd two new Chase cards, Disney and Amazon Prime Visa. Initial CL's at time of instant approval where $15k on Disney and $5K for Amazon. When my cards arrive and I activated them I noticed in my Chase online account that the Amazon Prime card had a CLI to a $10K limit.

Is it common for Chase to do this?

Edited by Dennis007

Thanks, for the replies. I've always felt Chase was stingy on the auto CLI's

Cannot say that I have ever seen a Chase auto-CLI...and one of the accounts is now pushing 11 years of age. But I also don't use them enough to make it worth an inquiry to get a CLI. Almost all of my spend goes to AXP.

I don't even consider the OP's situation as an auto CLI. Lots of issuers list a credit limit on approval and then the card actually arrives with a higher limit.

AMEX has been the best for me and especially my wife for auto CLI's. I quit asking them for more revolving credit because they've given me so much, and they still occasionally surprise me on the business revolvers. They've given my wife probably $15K in auto CLIs on her Old Blue Cash. That's in 2.5 years on a card that had an initial limit of $20K I believe.

Edited by Konrad2012

My Chase Amazon Prime VISA was initially at only $500. But when it arrived it was at... $500 :cry2:

Chase has never given me an auto CLI on any cards. However the Amazon card is only 3 statements old. One of these days I'll close my Disney card and transfer the limit to the Amazon card, since its annoying when I accidentally use 90% of the limit and have to quickly pay down the card.

Yeah I had chase freedom 3 yrs and only 4K so apped another card amazon a year it was about 4K smh so I combined and closed 🤷🏽‍♀ Then again I dont use it much but did back then and still nothing

Edited by cj123

Yeah I had chase freedom 3 yrs and only 4K so apped another card amazon a year it was about 4K smh so I combined and closed ‍♀ Then again I dont use it much but did back then and still nothing

I requested a 3x CLI on my $4k Freedom and got it. Only took 2 inquiries. No regrets.

My Chase Sapphire Preferred opened at $13,900 in August of 2015 and about a year later I got a auto-CLI to $19,900.

It's my highest limit. Thanks Chase, for bringing me that close to my first $20K line and then...

You don't have another Chase card to move $100 to the CSP?

My Chase Sapphire Preferred opened at $13,900 in August of 2015 and about a year later I got a auto-CLI to $19,900.

It's my highest limit. Thanks Chase, for bringing me that close to my first $20K line and then...

You don't have another Chase card to move $100 to the CSP?

No other Chase cards aTALL.

The last post in this topic was posted 1344 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.