shadekitty

Discover Card FINALLY Graduated

I got a whole whopping $200 CL and am getting my security deposit back. It took over 2 years.

How many of you asked for a CLI immediately after and got it after your card graduated.

Well, they denied my CLI request... so I'm very tempted at this point to cancel them and wait other cards out... Not really giving me good fuzzy feelings right now, LOL

No CLI after unsecured. I think you need to wait 91 days at least.

I wouldn't cancel them. Looking at your siggy, you have a lot of store cads blended in and the bank cards have low limits as well. It should eventually grow with your other bank cards. Sit for a while with what you have, manage it, and you should see it build over time.

Well, they denied my CLI request... so I'm very tempted at this point to cancel them and wait other cards out... Not really giving me good fuzzy feelings right now, LOL

Canceling a CC after it unsecures would be about the dumbest thing one could do.

I wouldn't cancel them. Looking at your siggy, you have a lot of store cads blended in and the bank cards have low limits as well. It should eventually grow with your other bank cards. Sit for a while with what you have, manage it, and you should see it build over time.

I burned a lot of banks 5 or so years ago, so I'm going to have to let toy cards/limits grow. At this point I'm done for a while and will let them sit.

It takes Disco a bit of time to clean things up on your account once it converts. Give it 2 weeks and try again and then just try it once a month until you figure out the CLI timing.

did you do anything special? call and ask? pay in full every month? low utilization? I am in similar boat coming up on 2 years just want to put myself in best situation to unsecure

I got a whole whopping $200 CL and am getting my security deposit back. It took over 2 years.

How many of you asked for a CLI immediately after and got it after your card graduated.

did you do anything special? call and ask? pay in full every month? low utilization? I am in similar boat coming up on 2 years just want to put myself in best situation to unsecure

I did carry a small balance on it month to month (i autocharged google playstore purchases for storage for $2.00 a month) but other than that I never used it really. I expected it to graduate at 1 year, but that never happened.

I think I used it once when I was on business travel to purchase dinner, beyond that it was my lowest CL card so it was pretty much unloved.