Sign in to follow this  
oncredit

How long b4 deletion after medical DV sent to the CA?

For those who successfully used Why Chat's HIPPA method, how long did it take for the medical account to be deleted if you had to send the medical DV to the CA and follow-up to the CRA? I know the length of time probably varies but I need to know a ballpark figure. Thanks!!

You can't get a "ballpark" figure because every situation is different.

If you have followed ALL of the HIPAA letter program;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

And sent the initial dispute letters to the CRAs

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

and sent the medical DV to the CA

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

and sent the follow up dispute to the CRA(s)

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

and you have only ONE CRA that has not deleted, it will be pretty fast, otherwise it depends on how many CRAs have not deleted, the age of the account and if you have followed all the instructions.

I believe I have followed the instructions. However, I didn't discover the process until after I paid. The collection account is not a year old yet and so far only one CRA has deleted. So I guess just need to be patient. However the waiting is killing me because I need to apply for a mortgage soon. Thanks for your response.

I believe I have followed the instructions. However, I didn't discover the process until after I paid. The collection account is not a year old yet and so far only one CRA has deleted. So I guess just need to be patient. However the waiting is killing me because I need to apply for a mortgage soon. Thanks for your response.

Whom did you pay?? The OC or the CA?? Is it reporting as a paid collection??

I paid the CA but the OC processed the payment according to the credit card company and I have proof of that. TU deleted upon receipt of the initial dispute letter. EX and EQ have just received the follow-up letter after I sent the DV to the CA. The collection shows as paid with no zero balance. It is so recent it will hurt my chances for getting mortgage approval for the amount I need if I apply with it showing as paid. I honestly didn't know it existed until it appeared. I checked my explanation of benefits and talked with the insurance company who stated I did owe it. Do I have a chance at getting this deleted?

I paid the CA but the OC processed the payment according to the credit card company and I have proof of that. TU deleted upon receipt of the initial dispute letter. EX and EQ have just received the follow-up letter after I sent the DV to the CA. The collection shows as paid with no zero balance. It is so recent it will hurt my chances for getting mortgage approval for the amount I need if I apply with it showing as paid. I honestly didn't know it existed until it appeared. I checked my explanation of benefits and talked with the insurance company who stated I did owe it. Do I have a chance at getting this deleted?

Yes, send the dispute letter. It MAY get deleted. Although it is showing as "paid" it is still a derogatory. ( and depending on the age of the account it MAY have reduced your score because the "paid" derogatory account would have been more recent than the prior unpaid one).If it doesn't get deleted with the initial dispute, the medical DV you send to the CA is the one for accounts reporting as paid;

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#PAID

the follow up letter to the CRAs is the same

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

Edited by Why Chat

I am praying for the best. A few hundred dollars has the potential to cause 7 years of higher interest rates. The system is rigged against the consumer.

If it isn't deleted after sending DV and follow-up, what choices do I have? Is still possible to prove a HIPPA violation?

Edited by oncredit

I am praying for the best. A few hundred dollars has the potential to cause 7 years of higher interest rates. The system is rigged against the consumer.

If it isn't deleted after sending DV and follow-up, what choices do I have? Is still possible to prove a HIPPA violation?

Hope for the best, plan for the worst. A paid medical collection MAY lower your score a little but should not interfere with your mortgage application.

There is no HIPAA violation and any complaints to the CFPB are presently a probable waste of time.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst. A paid medical collection MAY lower your score a little but should not interfere with your mortgage application.

There is no HIPAA violation and any complaints to the CFPB are presently a probable waste of time.

Yea you are right Why Chat. The collection is not on TU and TU and Experian have the exact same accounts. However the scores from TU and Experian are identical!! My Equifax report has 2 accounts more than TU and Experian. However those 2 extra accounts are clean. Even with the collection on Equifax the score is only 5 points less than TU!

With that said, no matter whether the collection gets deleted or not, I will march forth and obtain my mortgage. I just wanted a clean file when I applied. That has been my goal all these years I have been working on my credit. I finally got it clean and this collection happened. It's so disheartening.

Edited by oncredit