Sign in to follow this  
rumaki

Starter Cards

HI everyone!

I'm unsure how to guide my little brother. currently, he has 2 credit cards an NFCU goRewards and an AMEX BCE he just got today, the limits are really low, $2k and $1k respectively. That isn't the issue I know how to help him grow those I'm just unsure of what cards to target next or any other account he should seek. Can you all give me some guidance?

Thanks in advance!

So his reports are completely blank other than these two cards?

No, he has student loans that are deferred and 2 medical collections he's using the WhyChat method on

You are not supposed to apply for credit while you are in process of doing the Why Chat method.

You are not supposed to apply for credit while you are in process of doing the Why Chat method.

Yes, I know. we want to know the next steps, that doesn't mean we plan to immediately act on them.

HI everyone!

I'm unsure how to guide my little brother. currently, he has 2 credit cards an NFCU goRewards and an AMEX BCE he just got today, the limits are really low, $2k and $1k respectively. That isn't the issue I know how to help him grow those I'm just unsure of what cards to target next or any other account he should seek. Can you all give me some guidance?

Thanks in advance!

No, he has student loans that are deferred and 2 medical collections he's using the WhyChat method on

That seems pretty simultaneous to me...

Age the 2 new cards a minimum of 6 months (9 is better) while working on CLI's during this time and the collections. Make sure 1 card reports a $0 statement balance and the other ~$5. This is for scoring purposes and developing good financial habits. If you apply for more cards too soon they will likely be toy'ish limits. Discover likes fresh meat if your little brother is interested. Chase, Citi, and other(?) banks like to see at least 1 full year of revolving history.