Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Should I let SOL run out? How to do early deletion

The last post in this topic was posted 847 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hey all, I've posted on here before when I was trying to learn how to get rid of medical collections reporting that has been shipped off to multiple collection agencies. The date of first delinquency according to my credit reports is Sept. 2011 so according to my states SOL, that means it would fall off this September. Could I petition to have it removed as early as now? Also on my TransUnion, it says expected date of removal is August 2018, should I keep waiting? I would love to have it removed as early as possible.

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

Send each CRA the initial dispute letter ( after following the steps in the Guidebook)

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

List ALL medical accounts as they appear on the report you are disputing

This will get all your medical accounts deleted and will make sure that they don't resurface with new JDBs ( junk debt buyers) in the future.

Thanks for the response I've researched whychat's guide pretty intensively, and have printed out my credit reports with the accounts circled. I then use the sampled debt validation letter. I have not sent it out to the CRA's yet, Im worried they'll end up validating it. So I was just trying to figure out a way to circumvent all of that and go straight towards early deletion. Also, there are closed accounts on there, what is the process to take for having those taken off? Thanks kindly.

" I then use the sampled debt validation letter. " ??? There is NO "debt validation letter" in the program. The initial DISPUTE letter to the CRAs will result in DELETION of the accounts. CRAs do NOT "validate" accounts they match your account data with their input from the reporting CA in an automated program. If the account shows a "match" then you will get a "remains" notice which would leave you in the exact same position you are now.

" I then use the sampled debt validation letter. " ??? There is NO "debt validation letter" in the program. The initial DISPUTE letter to the CRAs will result in DELETION of the accounts. CRAs do NOT "validate" accounts they match your account data with their input from the reporting CA in an automated program. If the account shows a "match" then you will get a "remains" notice which would leave you in the exact same position you are now.

You are right.My apologies I meant to write "initial dispute letter". What is the next step if a match were to occur, especially considering the SOL is upcoming?

You are right.My apologies I meant to write "initial dispute letter". What is the next step if a match were to occur, especially considering the SOL is upcoming?

If you do not get deletions from ALL your reports for ALL your medical accounts that you have disputed, then the next step is in the HIPAA letter program.

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

Assuming you have opted out and deleted old addresses ( if you have moved since the dates of medical services) I am confident that you will not need to go to the next steps.

If you have any results you do not understand, come back to this post for additional assistance.

PLEASE KEEP ALL YOUR POSTS IN YOUR OWN THREAD!!

Oh hi. Not my post, but I thought I'd ask about this because I also got collections removed by following whychat. I did not receive any correspondence from the CRA, except for Experian which let me know that they were going to contact the collection agency and that they have 30 days to prove its validity, etc. They didn't say they would remove it in the meantime, but I only discovered it was removed when I checked this morning. I have not heard from TransUnion or Equifax. So what do I do in this particular case, not having a deletion notification. Also, the collection I had removed was supposed to come off in September anyways because that's when it would have reached the 7 year mark. I never want to see this thing again. It has been shuffled off so many times, at least 4 different collection agencies, when I called the hospital I received the services for, they couldn't even find me in the system initially. It took deep digging to see the information, and they told me that they literally could not do anything about it, that it was sort of invisible on their end and they wouldn't be able to accept any payments.

You should NOT have called the hospital. That risked your account being retrieved from their archives and again finding it's way into your reports via data miners when the hospital AGAIN dumped the data from your account.

If all medical accounts you disputed have been deleted from your reports, then just keep copies of your clean reports and stay opted out. Keep copies of all your correspondence. STOP CALLING PEOPLE-- all it does is to activate an old account.

PLEASE keep all your remarks in your own thread. If you want to add something POSITIVE to someone else's thread, by all means do so WITHOUT asking questions about YOUR OWN problems.

If you have disputed medical accounts and had them deleted from SOME but not ALL your reports, then go to the next step in the HIPAA letter program which is to send each CA the medical DV;

Edited by Why Chat

The last post in this topic was posted 847 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.