Sign in to follow this  
lowlight79

Citadel Document Solutions

Hello, first post, long time lurker. I decided to address my $62,000.00 in debt then continue to pay it and get nowhere. I researched a few companies for debt consolidation, loans and debt management. I went with a company called Citadel Document Solutions which prepares documents to protect your rights against the credit card companies and there collectors. I went with them because I was paying out about 300.00 less than going into consolidation and they were graded well with the BBB. Most of the program is me sending them my credit reports so they can review and send out documentation, writing down when the creditors calls and sending them those lists and sending all third party collection notices to review and protect my rights against the creditors.

I've been in the program for 3 months and feel as if I am not sure if I made the right decision. They are not lawyers and are not paying my debt, they are simply protecting my rights and tell me that my credit will be repaired in 3 years as I am paying $697.00 monthly. There website is the following http://citadeldocumentsolutions.com/, I am worried that this is a scam, but there is nothing bad about them on the net. They explain what I am paying them will be used to protect me against the creditors

Does anyone here know of them? Any help would be helpful

Hello, first post, long time lurker. I decided to address my $62,000.00 in debt then continue to pay it and get nowhere. I researched a few companies for debt consolidation, loans and debt management. I went with a company called Citadel Document Solutions which prepares documents to protect your rights against the credit card companies and there collectors. I went with them because I was paying out about 300.00 less than going into consolidation and they were graded well with the BBB. Most of the program is me sending them my credit reports so they can review and send out documentation, writing down when the creditors calls and sending them those lists and sending all third party collection notices to review and protect my rights against the creditors.

I've been in the program for 3 months and feel as if I am not sure if I made the right decision. They are not lawyers and are not paying my debt, they are simply protecting my rights and tell me that my credit will be repaired in 3 years as I am paying $697.00 monthly. There website is the following http://citadeldocumentsolutions.com/, I am worried that this is a scam, but there is nothing bad about them on the net. They explain what I am paying them will be used to protect me against the creditors

Welcome to CB. :)

Give us a little more info about your debt situation. Are you up to date? behind? Have you defaulted? What state are you in?

Do you have your reports handy?

Welcome to CB. :)

Give us a little more info about your debt situation. Are you up to date? behind? Have you defaulted? What state are you in?

Do you have your reports handy?

I have two recent credit reports handy. I stopped paying my credit card in February, so I am just about to go 90 days past due. I am currently in Florida, been here almost two years, but all the accounts were opened in NY when I lived there . I am $62,000.00 in debt, most of it is credit card debt with mastercard, visa and amex. I also have a loan and a secure credit line I defaulted on. My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimers diseases I stopped paying to care for her as her condition became worse.

I'm so sorry about your mother. It's devastating. Been there - cared for my mom for several years although she had a different form of dementia.

So what you really need is first of all decide whether you can pay this off or not. If you can, there's real help available, and if you can't, you should go ahead and decide not to draw it out when it's going to end badly any way. Have you worked out a realistic budget and settled on that payment amount?

There are topics in this forum by people who have used different non profit credit counseling agencies. There are legitimate ones and there are some for profit, not so helpful ones.

We went with GreenPath for our credit card debt. We have paid about $30k in 3 years and have about $12k and should be done next year this time. Our payments have never been late we were just getting overwhelmed paying just the minimums.

Initially our scores took a hit...low to mid 600s because once you are in the program the creditor closes the account. My husband and and I are up to the 740 and even got an auto loan for 3%!!!!

Greenpath works with the creditor and lowers the interest rate. They dont hold onto money its sent monthly to each creditor.

It was very, very important for me to the accounts to stay in good standing other than them closing them. We pay almost $1k a month and cant wait to have that money back!

Great work, Txgirl! I know you'll be relieved when it all over with. Greenpath has an excellent reputation here. :)

I'm so sorry about your mother. It's devastating. Been there - cared for my mom for several years although she had a different form of dementia.

So what you really need is first of all decide whether you can pay this off or not. If you can, there's real help available, and if you can't, you should go ahead and decide not to draw it out when it's going to end badly any way. Have you worked out a realistic budget and settled on that payment amount?

There are topics in this forum by people who have used different non profit credit counseling agencies. There are legitimate ones and there are some for profit, not so helpful ones.

Any update?