Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Alliant Credit Pre-qualify and Pre-approval Member Offers

The last post in this topic was posted 911 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My TU, EQ and EX cr's are frozen merely due to the EQ debacle and some MF alerts due to the dark web. With that said, Alliant CU is still able to give me their quarterly fico score. I never receive alerts or snail mail from Alliant about their credit cards. I'm not sure if it's because my reports are frozen or their soft pulls deem me unworthy.

My question is do those of you who are Alliant members, do you receive pre-qualify or pre-approved cc offers from them?

My TU, EQ and EX cr's are frozen merely due to the EQ debacle and some MF alerts due to the dark web. With that said, Alliant CU is still able to give me their quarterly fico score. I never receive alerts or snail mail from Alliant about their credit cards. I'm not sure if it's because my reports are frozen or their soft pulls deem me unworthy.

My question is do those of you who are Alliant members, do you receive pre-qualify or pre-approved cc offers from them?

Yes-

1) for 2% no AF Visa with generous SUB.

2) for "upgrade" to 3% / 2.5% with AF.

But my CRs are not frozen and I am opted in.

Unless you want to wait for SUB offers (which may or may not ever happen again) why not just cold app? It's only 1 inq!

Yes-

1) for 2% no AF Visa with generous SUB.

2) for "upgrade" to 3% / 2.5% with AF.

But my CRs are not frozen and I am opted in.

Unless you want to wait for SUB offers (which may or may not ever happen again) why not just cold app? It's only 1 inq!

I just may do that in six months. By that time my auto loan through Alliant will well be over 1-year old and I will owe under $4K on the loan.

Unfortunately, Alliant CU does NOT provide a quarterly FICO Score.....

From Alliant: Beginning in Q4 2017, credit scores will be available for members that have frozen their credit

The "credit scores" to which they refer are clearly marked as Vantage 3.0.

I joined Alliant many years ago because they're a great hub account. Even then, they pulled Equifax FICO (do not recall version) merely for opening an account. I asked the CSR at that time about the credit pull and she confirmed it was a FICO pull, not the free score they offered. They now use Transunion FICO 09, at least they did for me a while ago.

Under my acct Alliant said beginning in Jan '18 if your cr's are frozen you will not be able to see your most recent fico score. Then I rec'd an alet that my quarterly fico score was ready for viewing. My TU Vantage score was updated and it went up matching Ck's score.

Anyhow back to my question: do you receive targeted cc offers from Alliant

Under my acct Alliant said beginning in Jan '18 if your cr's are frozen you will not be able to see your most recent fico score. Then I rec'd an alet that my quarterly fico score was ready for viewing. My TU Vantage score was updated and it went up matching Ck's score.

Anyhow back to my question: do you receive targeted cc offers from Alliant

If you are asking about targeted prequal/pre-approval offers for Credit Cards...I got one several months ago for upgrade to Signature Cashback from Platinum Rewards CC. No other credit card offers since then. But, then there aren’t any other Alliant CU cards. I applied for the original card without any offer. That was my intention in joining Alliant CU. By the time I got around to calling in to convert my card, the offer expired by a few days. It was a via phone only offer with a five letter/digit code. I doubt I really needed an offer code. My card would have been converted even without one.

I do get balance transfer and auto loan offers via email. In fact, they sent me BT checks with the Signature Cashback CC.

Edited by credit_help

Related question on this--- For credit card products, does Alliant now pull TU?

I think it used to be EQ for everything but I think now EQ for joining but TU for the actual card products/loan products, is that the case?

Thanks!!

From my Credit Karma reports, I see only one inquiry dated 2016-09-21 on Equifax reports and not on TransUnion reports. I am very certain Alliant CU never used Experian reports for membership or any accounts. I think they might have switched to TU after I got my card. They may have used no report for membership or reused the credit report obtained for membership for credit card.

Edited by credit_help

There is a page of TU pulls in the CPDB for Alliant going back to 2012. It seems that they have used it for some applicants for a while... and I have recently heard those applying for the 3/ 2.5% card mentioning TU being used.

Related question on this--- For credit card products, does Alliant now pull TU?

I think it used to be EQ for everything but I think now EQ for joining but TU for the actual card products/loan products, is that the case?

Thanks!!

Friend of mine works there, they supposedly dumped EQ in favor of TU last October after the EQ breach went public.

Currently I have 3 inquires on TU:

Barclays, 1 yr 2 mos old (approved for credit card).

Barclays 10 mos old (credit line increase).

Alliant auto 10 mos old (approved auto loan).

Thought I read Alliant is inquiry sensitive. Is that for inquiries within a year or 2 years?

Currently I have 3 inquires on TU:

Barclays, 1 yr 2 mos old (approved for credit card).

Barclays 10 mos old (credit line increase).

Alliant auto 10 mos old (approved auto loan).

Thought I read Alliant is inquiry sensitive. Is that for inquiries within a year or 2 years?

Alliant does pull TU per a phone conversation I had with them on Wed Apr 25. I have 5 inqs and 8 new accounts <2Y old on TU. I asked specifically about inq sensitivity - rep indicated with my situation should not be an issue. Will be apping them in next 30 days after 2 accounts show new reduced balances (5K total now, will be 1.5K, <1% util); looking to maximize my probability of approval with 30K CL.

Quick question, and perhaps this is the best place since there was some sort of reference to email...

Had an 'invitation to apply' from them...standard marketing or basically a 'fill in the blanks and we send it to you' thing? Sign-up was less than thrilling at only $200 (20K points) but it is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. HOWEVER, not worth app'ing if it gets the same treatment as a cold app through the website...

Hmm maybe Alliant doesnt like me no offers had card 6 years one late wit them that could be it 🤷🏽‍♀

The last post in this topic was posted 911 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.