Sign in to follow this  
REI_2004

Short Window for refi - PFD

We are going to do a refi soon and I know my wife has 5 Med collections totaling $1200 with Med Data Sys all out of the same office. We have about 30 days before we close and and they will need to show as paid or even better not be on the CR at all.

Is there a chance MDS would do a PFD for 50%? 75% Heck we may even do 100% if they agreed to PFD.

Anyone know if they have done a PFD recently? We would go the other route of DV etc but we have a short window and if nothing is done then we will just have to pay them but that will stink because they will remain on there for the duration.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

What was the date of medical service?? Is your wife SURE that the charges are correct?? If it is being reported by Med Data Systems and you pay them ANYTHING it will then be reported ( at best) as a "paid" collection. Which will LOWER your credit scores because while it would still be derogatory, it will be NEWER.

You say it it is "out of the same office" do you mean the same original creditor medical service provider??

If you are SURE of the amount due, and the charges are from medical services within the past 2 years and all from the same medical provider, you can pay the medical provider directly and get it off your reports.( Instructions will follow if you can provide the above answers) You will be able to prove to your finance officer that the bills were paid.

Follow the guide;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

Come back to this post for additional assistance

Hi WC,

Thanks for your insight. We did pull a credit report and looked at the four collections There are actually five but the fifth one looks like it might be an accident its the smallest amount and we will call the credit or tomorrow because we should not have a balance with them.

The remaining four from MDS total about $1150 and are all with a local hospital that my wife made an ER visit to within the last two years they are fairly recent credit report additions.

We do have the ability to pay them but were hoping for a way to get them off the credit report also

DO NOT contact the CA on the "small one" send this to the CRAs it is reporting to ( I assume it is NOT medical?)

https://whychat.me/initdispltrsol.html

If it IS medical, send the CRAs this;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

To get the hospital collections off your reports AND to have proof they were paid, follow these instructions EXACTLY;

Please make sure that your payment is in the form of a bank cashiers check or bank money order,(do not use a postal money order). THIS IS CONSIDERED THE SAME AS A CASH PAYMENT, that you make a photo copy of the front and back of the remittance, that your name and address are CLEARLY printed on the remittance, that it is made to the order of THE ORIGINAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDER, and that you print or type clearly in the endorsement section "For Deposit Only to the Account of (name of H.C. provider)(This of course allows your IRS deduction as a medical expense). MAKE SURE that you put the account # if available ( not the CA account # but from your original billing), in the "for" section on the front of the money order. If you do NOT have the original account # OR if you have several accounts with the SAME OC under ONE account #, put the name of the patient, dates of service and patient's SS # in the "for" area.
Send ALL correspondence to the HIPAA COMPLIANCE OFFICE of the HC provider,CMRR.
(Your Name)
(address)
(City,State, zip)
s.s.# (social security #)
HIPAA Compliance Office
( health care provider creditor)
(address)
(date)
Dear Sir/Madam;
This letter is in reference to (account #) for services provided to (name of patient) on (dates of service).
In regard to the bills on this account in the total amount of $1,150
Enclosed please find my remittance of $1,150 for payment in full of these accounts.
Please note, my remittance is payable ONLY to (hc provider) and may not be signed over or transferred to any third party collection agency, as this would constitute a violation of HIPAA, State Privacy Act rules and the Omnibus Final Rules. .
Copies of this correspondence and a copy of the remittance check may be used for any further actions with State or Federal agencies
Your furnishing of my account information to (collection agency name), is no longer in compliance with HIPAA,, and any subsequent reporting of this account on my credit reports to (credit reporting bureaus) would be a violation of Public Law 104-191 ("HIPAA") since there can be no permissible business purpose in divulging protected health information to anyone on an account once there is no longer any payment due.
In addition the new Omnibus Final Rule states:when patients pay out of pocket in full, they can instruct their provider to refrain from sharing information.This letter serves as that instruction
You are required under the FCRA and FACTA to accurately report the status of any account to the credit bureaus, and you are prohibited under the HIPAA and State privacy regulations from doing so on a PAID account, as there is no longer any permitted business purpose.
Therefore I am requesting you promptly rescind all such account information furnished to (collection agency) and require them to purge their records of all reference to this account, and that you insure that any and all reporting of this account is immediately deleted from my credit reports.
This simple procedure to request the deletion of ALL reference to this account from the records of ( collection agency name) and to require them to have this account information deleted in its entirety from my credit reports will resolve this problem completely.
Sincerely,
MAKE A COPY OF THE FRONT AND BACK OF THE MONEY ORDER. PROVIDE YOUR FINANCE AGENT WITH A COPY OF THE FRONT ONLY TOGETHER WITH A COPY OF THE CERTIFIED MAIL PROOF OF RECEIPT.
Once the hospital has received the payment, wait 10 business days and check your reports to see if there has been a change to a "paid" account. If so, AFTER your closing send the same dispute letter to the CRAs (https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html) and return to this post for additional assistance.