Sign in to follow this  
shifter

Why Are Credit Card Numbers on the Back Now?

I like it. I can place the card on the table - and my signature, and all the pertinent numbers are face down.

Because you can fit 25% more of them into the same sock drawer.

Or 67% more if you like to organize them all facing the same way!

Hahaha!

If I had more free time I'd check your math to see if you made up these numbers.

I'm getting used to the everything on the back.

It's weird, but, change is inevitable.

I like my Amex Plat. I wish they would do the same with the rest of their cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still have one of these?

knuckle-buster.jpg

I bought one of those at a garage sale. I don't know why. It collects dust in a closet.

I like credit cards that are printed vertically. They look good in ID card holders.

Still have one of these?

knuckle-buster.jpg

I bought one of those at a garage sale. I don't know why. It collects dust in a closet.

I like credit cards that are printed vertically. They look good in ID card holders.

Was @ some carwash years ago, and the cashier pulled one of these out stating that the electronic reader/ internet was down and was going to run my card on it.

I pointed out that it was against Fed law to use these - receipts with full CC #'s , and ID theft issues

she hadn't a clue. or was surprised that I did.

Gave her subprime cash instead

Still have one of these?

knuckle-buster.jpg

I hope you aren’t using it for business big fines if you are.

Still have one of these?

knuckle-buster.jpg

I hope you aren’t using it for business big fines if you are.

Still have one of these?

knuckle-buster.jpg

Was @ some carwash years ago, and the cashier pulled one of these out stating that the electronic reader/ internet was down and was going to run my card on it.

I pointed out that it was against Fed law to use these - receipts with full CC #'s , and ID theft issues

she hadn't a clue. or was surprised that I did.

Gave her subprime cash instead

I had a plumber come by about a year ago. He didn't have an imprinter but the paper with carbons. He took my credit card and made a manual imprint by rubbing the side of a pencil to make it. No electronic approving. I guess he did that when he got back to the office.

I paid for a cab ride in Detroit last week with my C$R.

The driver hand-wrote the charge onto a paper charge slip, and the charge appeared in the correct amount the following day.

I had a plumber come by about a year ago. He didn't have an imprinter but the paper with carbons. He took my credit card and made a manual imprint by rubbing the side of a pencil to make it. No electronic approving. I guess he did that when he got back to the office.

Most trades I have come to the house now use something like Square to process credit cards. One told me before his boss bought into Square they used to have the trades people take pictures of credit cards with cell phones, text them to the main office where the dispatcher/billing clerk had a cell phone, the clerk would run the card then call the tradesman back with an approval.