Sign in to follow this  
Why Chat

CFPB NO LONGER WORKING

Check your home state laws on debt collection - many AG's & DFI 's have taken up the slack

I too knew this would happen. I wonder about past enforcements. Do you think they will somehow undo the lesser known enforcement actions taken when Obama administration was in charge? I was included in a victory decision against a company known for ripping off consumers. They were forced to stop collection action. I wonder will they now resume their dirty tactics and try and come after those who they couldn't get a few years ago.

Did you happen to catch Mulvaney's testimony on CSPAN2 last night about 8 PM Eastern?

No, but I did see this today;

To that end, improved standards to new and existing public records in their databases will be implemented on July 1, the CDIA said. And as part of this change, some civil debts and tax liens will be excluded, which means some credit scores will edge higher.
"Finally, after decades of problems and complaints, supervision by the CFPB has resulted in the big three credit reporting companies starting to fix, or to develop, systems to promote accurate reporting and properly correct errors," National Consumer Law Center staff attorney Chi Chi Wu said in a statement.

Did you happen to catch Mulvaney's testimony on CSPAN2 last night about 8 PM Eastern?

I missed it, but after finding this clip I definitely want to watch it in its entirety... lol.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4722997/representative-ellison-clashes-director-mick-mulvaney-transparency&start=530

(Mr. E is a dumbassss)

Here's a link to the entire testimony... 3:37 :swoon:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?443423-1/director-mulvaney-testifies-consumer-financial-protection-bureau-report

Edited by Kat58

*Admin removes vulgarity* cfpb they cant do chocolate except accept your complaint. just file a police report for whatever you're disputing and send to creditors

*Admin removes vulgarity* cfpb they cant do chocolate except accept your complaint. just file a police report for whatever you're disputing and send to creditors

Pay no attention to this troll. Police reports have no place in disputes except in the case of ID theft/fraud.

Pay no attention to this troll. Police reports have no place in disputes except in the case of ID theft/fraud.

Your an salamander how is that trolling . police reports work on ANY disputes and have used them frequently.. Dumbass

Your an salamander how is that trolling . police reports work on ANY disputes and have used them frequently.. Dumbass

:stop:

Can you give us an example of a police report helping with a dispute?

I see you're fairly new around here. You might want to check people out a little before you call them names. In case you're on a phone and can't see it, I'm admin.

CFPB might as well change its meaning of its acronym from the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau to the Corporate Finance Protection Bureau because that's what it is becoming. It soon will be just a fake storefront for consumer advocacy where behind the scenes every decision made favors corporations.

We are not allowed to make political statements on this forum.

HOWEVER!!

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE CURRENT ROLLBACK OF CONSUMER PROTECTION I SUGGEST YOU BECOME INFORMED ABOUT THE ISSUES AND VOTE IN 2018 AND 2020 AND IN ALL LOCAL, COUNTY AND STATE ELECTIONS