Sign in to follow this  
Bohemian

How long will it take for a credit report to rebound after deleting history

I have a BUNCH of student loans that have been consolidated and the old accounts are all scheduled to be deleted in the same year. I'm thinking that I could have a couple deleted at a time, even though they are positive, so that by the time the last are deleted, at the time they were scheduled to fall off anyway, the credit report would have rebounded some and it won't be such a hit at that time.

I also have positive closed accounts that are tied to addresses I do not want to be tied to, and I can probably get them and therefore the addresses deleted.

How long will it take for the CR to rebound from losing history and old positive accounts?

TIA

They are all going to fall off naturally at the same time. I'm thinking that losing them gradually will help the report not lose ALL the history right away, and heal a bit between deletions. It is my understanding, I could be wrong obviously, perhaps it won't matter any more if 12 accounts are deleted all at once.

It is best to keep them for as long as possible.

If you want to mitigate the loss when they drop, the best way would be to open as many CCs as is prudent as soon as possible, and get them aging before you lose the old accounts.

I'm thinking

I'd advise against it in the future.

In case that's not clear enough, leave the accounts as long as possible.

I'm thinking

I'd advise against it in the future.

In case that's not clear enough, leave the accounts as long as possible.

:lol:

If they are all reporting as positive and are you oldest accounts, removing them will not help you. It could decrease your average age of account and have a negative impact. This just happen3d to me and resulted in a score drop when the aged off my reports.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk