Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Best course for CA account for medical bill paid to OC

The last post in this topic was posted 850 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I paid a medical bill directly to the provider/OC (via cashier's check with PIF/for deposit only). I obtained a copy of the cashed check for my records. A CA is reporting the account to one CRA and it is reporting as unpaid. My goal is simply deletion. What is the best course of action?

I paid a medical bill directly to the provider/OC (via cashier's check with PIF/for deposit only). I obtained a copy of the cashed check for my records. A CA is reporting the account to one CRA and it is reporting as unpaid. My goal is simply deletion. What is the best course of action?

Welcome to CB! Help will be along soon. :)

send an ITS letter to the CA for reporting false information ( FDCPA violation )

there's a pinned topic on this in the credit forum

Follow the guides;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

Send each CRA where this or ANY medical account is reporting this;

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

What was the date of the medical service??

If it was more than 2 years ago it is more than likely that the reporting CA did NOT obtain your data from the OC and has NO current business relationship with them.

"I Can's" advice is overkill and not useful as it would only apply if the account was recent and you had documentation that the OC and the CA were in a current business relationship. ( IF they were in a current business relationship the account would have been changed on your reports from an unpaid collection to a paid collection)

The last post in this topic was posted 850 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.