Off Amex BL After 36mos

The last post in this topic was posted 1103 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

My Amex CO in 2015 for a little less than 1k, I had my card 7yrs with flawless history before an unemployment stint ruined things for me. Fast forward I paid off or settled all my baddies and I left Amex for the one account that I would PIF and then someday apply again. A family member recognized all my hard work on my credit and offered to add me as an AU on his Amex BCP with a nice credit limit, I agreed before realizing that the bl includes AU. So he asked for my social and applied, we got the 7 day notice message and I kept bugging him to check the account we didnt see anything and then today out of the blue my card showed up in the mail with a beautiful, "Member Since 2008."

Just wanted to share because I know there's a lot of Amex Bl posts on this site that repeatedly say 10yrs is the sentence but that is not true, I just paid my Amex off in Feb. and April I'm a AU, planning to run about 3k per month in charges on the card and pif each month then apply for my own 6mos from now.

10 years is on unpaid or settled accounts.

Everyone knows if you PIF you are almost certainly immediately removed from the BL.

Sorry you thought differently.

Edited by shifter

Ummm, I don't think so.

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 81,274 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:59 PM

mannyj, on 29 Mar 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:snapback.png

hegemony, on 29 Mar 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:snapback.png

I was not able to be added as AU until 10 years post BK... and then was instantly approved for my own card (after a pre-screened offer)

I never had a BK but the account was CO, from what I read that still lands you on the BL is the correct?

correct

Everyone knows if you PIF you are almost certainly immediately removed from the BL.

DW got back in after only 8 years. She burned them for about $7K, too. There is always hope.

Congrats!

The big difference is that you paid yours. There's no need to wait, you can apply for a card of your own now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I want to get the AU card reporting first. I think I’m going to wait 6 mos get some activity on the AU card hopefully a good performance will help my internal score with Amex.

The last post in this topic was posted 1103 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.