Sign in to follow this  
Big Bear

PenFed 2018 Q2 Offers

Penfed Platinum Rewards +$19,600 --> $44,100 My new highest limit. Amex BCP jumped from 30K to $42,500 and reported on the 19th. I guess they didn't like playing second fiddle.

Beautiful!!

Nothing here , does it makes a difference if your credit file is locked , my equifax is locked

freezing opts you out... opting out removes you from pre screened lists. sorry to learn about your ID theft.

Nothing in my offers this go around. Had an approval for a $4400 Power Cash Rewards last quarter which I took advantage. All the usual car loans and other offers are missing. Interestingly enough, my FICO is higher this quarter than last quarter. PenFed's pre-approval system seems to have no logic that I've been able to figure out.

Sometimes I wonder if I never Opted back in correctly, even though I have submitted the request to opt-in almost monthly for 6 months. anyone know for sure how to figure it out on Equifax?

I do get offers in the mail for Citi bank. I have gods with everyone else ... so they do not have much interest in me !

Did you join PenFed with any derogatory marks on your reports?

Low credit score due to high revolving debt, which has since been fixed. Other than that no derogs, lates, collections, etc.

Been a PenFed member for over 10 years, and never got approved for anything with them. On a whim I applied for their Rewards Visa and got approved for 31K! Put in 2 more apps, and got approved for Patelco Visa 10K, and USAA Mastecard for 5K. All approved on March 30th, the day after closing on my house :)

Been a PenFed member for over 10 years, and never got approved for anything with them. On a whim I applied for their Rewards Visa and got approved for 31K! Put in 2 more apps, and got approved for Patelco Visa 10K, and USAA Mastecard for 5K. All approved on March 30th, the day after closing on my house :)

Congrats x4!!! :)

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Used travel trailer - $39,900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing here , does it makes a difference if your credit file is locked , my equifax is locked

I have freeze on all 3 files for past 6 months, and have received offers from Penfed twice in that time.

freezing opts you out... opting out removes you from pre screened lists. sorry to learn about your ID theft.

Not always true in the case of Penfed. With freeze on the big 3 for over 6 months, Penfed has given me offers 2 of past 3 quarters.

Still no offers for me.  Never been an offer for me.

But PenFed DOES say my FICO is 796, as of 7/3

...and then the girlfriend's birthday happened.  Now, I shudder to think...

20 hours ago, brainchasm said:

Still no offers for me.  Never been an offer for me.

But PenFed DOES say my FICO is 796, as of 7/3

...and then the girlfriend's birthday happened.  Now, I shudder to think...

Relax.

If your girlfriend's birthday is reporting on your credit that should be an easy dispute. 

And even FAKOs don't include birthdays in their scoring algorithms.

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Relax.

If your girlfriend's birthday is reporting on your credit that should be an easy dispute. 

And even FAKOs don't include birthdays in their scoring algorithms.

LOLOL

I meant we celebrated her birthday, and there was significant spending, and now my FICO is likely down a tick.

Edited by brainchasm