Sign in to follow this  
Big Bear

PenFed 2018 Q2 Offers

Joined with a dirty report but actually got pre-approvals today. I have the Amex travel rewards card but since it is no longer being offered how would I get the no HP CL increase instead of a new product?

Edited by StantheMan

Still nothing.

Maybe one day they will find me worthy enough.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PenFed grants you the CLI. If you ask, they will HP. This is across their credit card line.

I do understand that but I am referring to instead of opting for a preapproved credit card with no HP one would have the option of selecting an existing card and getting a CLI without the HP. The Amex card I have is not listed anymore so of course I can't select it. I'd rather get the increase instead of a new card. Thx

Edited by StantheMan

I have a new card for $2100 which I do not have. Ironically, the same limit will put my current Penfed sig card at 50K. I guess Penfed changed how they offer CLI or CLI can be obtained from one of these offers.. Need a guinea pig

I have a new card for $2100 which I do not have. Ironically, the same limit will put my current Penfed sig card at 50K. I guess Penfed changed how they offer CLI or CLI can be obtained from one of these offers.. Need a guinea pig

That makes complete sense...since an offer would put you at the maximum revolving exposure. Is your signature card the old version (i.e. not available for new sign ups)?

Q1 has been a bit odd. They pulled the SP on 1/30 instead of 2/28 (three months after the last one). I didn't get anything today, but I got an offer in the beginning of the month for reduced auto payments.

Sometimes I wonder if I never Opted back in correctly, even though I have submitted the request to opt-in almost monthly for 6 months. anyone know for sure how to figure it out on Equifax?

I do get offers in the mail for Citi bank. I have gods with everyone else ... so they do not have much interest in me !

Sometimes I wonder if I never Opted back in correctly, even though I have submitted the request to opt-in almost monthly for 6 months. anyone know for sure how to figure it out on Equifax?

I do get offers in the mail for Citi bank. I have gods with everyone else ... so they do not have much interest in me !

Did you join PenFed with any derogatory marks on your reports?

No more "offers" for me I'm afraid, at least not on CC.

I'm in a "spot" with Penfed. I've had the account since 2006, have never asked for a CLI, but have taken whatever offers for this that came my way. For quite a while now I'm been at $50,000. It's on that unfortunate card, the Platinum Rewards Visa that gives cash back (actually "points") at a rate under 1% now that the points have been devalued. Can't PC at PenFed any longer. Would have to apply for another card, take whatever I'm given from the card I have, end up with two PenFed cards. No, I don't want that. In any case, there are no guarantees I would end up with the same total credit lines. Yes, I have an 850 FICO 09 per Penfed, but I likely do not have enough spending on their card for them to warrant total CC lines, at least these days, of $50,000. I seem to get that Penfed is a bit less generous with credit lines than in the past. That's okay. I'll continue to put a couple purchases on PenFed every few months to keep it alive, basically keep the card for window dressing and age.

I'm in a "spot" with Penfed. I've had the account since 2006, have never asked for a CLI, but have taken whatever offers for this that came my way. For quite a while now I'm been at $50,000. It's on that unfortunate card, the Platinum Rewards Visa that gives cash back (actually "points") at a rate under 1% now that the points have been devalued. Can't PC at PenFed any longer. Would have to apply for another card, take whatever I'm given from the card I have, end up with two PenFed cards. No, I don't want that. In any case, there are no guarantees I would end up with the same total credit lines. Yes, I have an 850 FICO 09 per Penfed, but I likely do not have enough spending on their card for them to warrant total CC lines, at least these days, of $50,000. I seem to get that Penfed is a bit less generous with credit lines than in the past. That's okay. I'll continue to put a couple purchases on PenFed every few months to keep it alive, basically keep the card for window dressing and age.

Penfed stopped allowing people to PC?

Yes. I've called them twice about this. I don't know when this policy was implemented. Believe me, if I could PC I would.

That makes complete sense...since an offer would put you at the maximum revolving exposure. Is your signature card the old version (i.e. not available for new sign ups)?

I looked up and the card is still offered.. Visa Platinum Signature card and this is not on the list of cards for the pre-approval for 2100.

Penfed Platinum Rewards +$19,600 --> $44,100 My new highest limit. Amex BCP jumped from 30K to $42,500 and reported on the 19th. I guess they didn't like playing second fiddle.

Penfed Platinum Rewards +$19,600 --> $44,100 My new highest limit. Amex BCP jumped from 30K to $42,500 and reported on the 19th. I guess they didn't like playing second fiddle.

Excellent!!!

It's been that way for quite a while.

Do they still allow account combination?

Do they still allow account combination?

Yes

In theory you would have to decrease your $50K card. Get approved for the new card. Then move the limit.