I have the following information on my EWS report ... I really dont know if its bad or good but chase wont give me an account by automated system so it cant be good... help?

What is scaring the banks and what can I do to fix things .. I do currently have two good banks .. 1st National and Capital one both with significant sums of money in them.

USAA

Principal Loss: $0.00 Fee Reversal: $0.00 Combined Loss & Fee Reversal: $0.00
Paid/UnPaid/Settled: Unpaid
Contribution Reason: Transacting (or attempting to transact) with an account in an unauthorized or prohibited manner.

USAA

Incident Date: 12/16/2014
Principal Loss: $0.00 Fee Reversal: $0.00 Combined Loss & Fee Reversal: $0.00
Paid/UnPaid/Settled: Unpaid
Contribution Reason: Transacting (or attempting to transact) with an account in an unauthorized or prohibited manner.

Bank of America

Open Date: 12/10/2007 Close Date: 10/07/2011
Current Account Status: Closed For Cause-Purged Previous Account Status: Closed For Cause
Date of Last Status Change: 01/05/2012

Bank of America

Open Date: 12/10/2007 Close Date: 10/21/2011
Current Account Status: Closed For Cause-Purged Previous Account Status: Closed For Cause
Date of Last Status Change: 12/07/2011

Above account is on twice with same account number and same info

Compass bank

Open Date: 03/14/2013 Close Date: 11/20/2013
Current Account Status: Closed For Cause Previous Account Status: Closed For Cause-Purged
Date of Last Status Change: 07/14/2017

Compass bank

Open Date: 03/28/2013 Close Date: 11/29/2013
Current Account Status: Savings Closed For Cause Previous Account Status: Savings Closed For Cause-Purged

Compass bank

Open Date: 02/18/2015 Close Date: 02/24/2015
Current Account Status: Closed Previous Account Status: Closed-Purged

Compass bank

Open Date: 02/18/2015 Close Date: 02/26/2015
Current Account Status: Closed Previous Account Status: Closed-Purged

Suntrust bank

Open Date: 06/12/2017 Close Date: 06/13/2017
Current Account Status: Closed-Purged Previous Account Status: Closed
Date of Last Status Change: 07/03/2017

Suntrust bank

Open Date: 06/12/2017 Close Date: 06/13/2017
Current Account Status: Savings Closed-Purged Previous Account Status: Savings Closed
Date of Last Status Change: 07/03/2017

USAA

Open Date: 02/08/2012 Close Date: 10/02/2015
Current Account Status: Closed For Cause Previous Account Status: Post No Debits
Date of Last Status Change: 10/02/2015

USAA

Open Date: 05/08/2012

Just lists a open date

USAA

Open Date: 07/06/2012 Close Date: 12/16/2014
Current Account Status: Savings Closed For Cause Previous Account Status: Savings Post No Debits
Date of Last Status Change: 12/16/2014

USAA

Open Date: 09/24/2012 Close Date: 12/15/2014
Date of Last Status Change: 12/28/2017

USAA

Open Date: 09/24/2012 Close Date: 12/04/2014
Current Account Status: Closed For Cause Previous Account Status: Post No Debits
Date of Last Status Change: 12/04/2014

Wells Fargo

Open Date: 10/06/2014 Close Date: 11/18/2014
Date of Last Status Change: 11/23/2015

Wells Fargo

Open Date: 09/25/2014 Close Date: 12/11/2014

Wells Fargo

Open Date: 10/09/2014 Close Date: 11/19/2014

Wells Fargo

Open Date: 10/30/2014 Close Date: 11/18/2014
Date of Last Status Change: 11/30/2015

Wells Fargo

Open Date: 07/29/2014 Close Date: 11/14/2014
Date of Last Status Change: 11/30/2015

Wells Fargo

Open Date: 10/09/2014 Close Date: 10/09/2015
Date of Last Status Change: 08/28/2017

Wells Fargo

Open Date: 09/25/2014 Close Date: 12/18/2015
Date of Last Status Change: 08/28/2017

Wells Fargo

Open Date: 03/27/2013 Close Date: 01/08/2014

no account status

On EWS.. closed for cause is a negative entry. It means, in their opinion, that you did handle the account properly. The bad part of this is that there are several of them along multiple banks. Huge red flag. And even if you did get an account open, you are sure that later on down the line it would be closed for as long as your EWS report looks like this.

What does your Chex report look like? What part of the Country are you in?

If you are bent on getting your EWS report fixed, look at fixing any part of the entry that is not accurate. If the bank lists a wrong date or anything inaccurate - it can be disputed. But unless you can get all of these closed for cause entries deleted, I am afraid you might want to look at a bank that doesnt use either of these services.

And I would run away from Capital One. They use EWS and are known for random security checks just like every other EWS interested party.

Thanks I figured as much, so whats a good way to attack it, also when will they be removed Ive heard 5 years and Ive heard 7. Since the old BOA are still there I assume 7?

Far as cap one goes I hear you but I wont leave more than a few thousand there. I have a 1st National convience bank account for last 2 years that works well.

I actually dont know my Chex I am out of the country for work for a few more months. Ews sent it by email but I couldnt find a option for Chex. All my denials talked about ews though.

My home is in Arizona.

Posted (edited)

EWS reps state on the phone they only report for 5. Dispute the entries older than 5 years as obsolete.

Examine each entry for any possible errors.

In the interim, with this many entries I would locate a non-EWS non-Chex bank or credit union.

(MCA's pinned list for Arizona) **Scroll down for AZ.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=604675&p=5694047

Edited by tmcgill

EWS reps state on the phone they only report for 5. Dispute the entries older than 5 years as obsolete.

Examine each entry for any possible errors.

In the interim, with this many entries I would locate a non-EWS non-Chex bank or credit union.

(MCA's pinned list for Arizona) **Scroll down for AZ.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=604675&p=5694047

Ok thats good to know if it is 5 years I can get a chunk of them off even now. I will examine the rest for errors and see if I can fix it.

I actually do have two banks at present, I just want to be able to get in a better position .. Im finally cleaning up most of the crap that has happened and it would be nice to be able to get into a national bank as well.

Thank you for your advice.

Ted

I want to make mention on the banks that use EWS, that once you get an account and you can by pass EWS, you are safe to open additional accounts at the banks you have that run EWS. 5/3 runs EWS and I have 7 open accounts with them and my account open date on my first one was 06/30/2014.  The branch told me there that after you pass the screening, your no longer considered a new customer and the account wont come up to be screened because of tenure. PNC has told me the same thing. Each time i open an account i am safe, i am on EWS and have been for a long time. I had a Wells Fargo account in 2005 and closed it in 2007 on good terms. I opened a new Wells Fargo account in January 2017 and had no troubles. In fact my debit card says, cardholder since 2005. With that in mind, i doubt they ran EWS because "  according to them i have been a customer since 2005, regardless if i left and came back 10 years later.  

When i did open my my first account at 5/3 and PNC, EWS was ran and my accounts weren't closed, but froze. I went in the branches and talked my way out of it. I even talked to the loss prevention people and within 20 minutes i was back up and running.  It also helped to that I was friends with the 5/3 branch manager, so he helped talk my way from closure to.

I recently saw someone posted a comment for Hawaii Community Credit Union that you do not need to prove affiliation.  I have friends that just recently joined  July 30,  31,  and today August 2nd.  They did ask them for proof of joining.  The person that posted result just got lucky.  My friends were scrutinized how how you heard about us,  why join us.  what forms of proof you have to join

Membership Requirements:

Membership Eligibility

• Individuals who live, regularly work, worship, attend schools or perform volunteer services on Hawaii Island; and members of their immediate families or household and organizations of such persons.
  • Any business and other legal entities located on Hawaii Island.
  • Immediate family members of a natural person member or potential member may join the credit union even if they do not live, regularly work, worship, attend schools or perform volunteer services on Hawaii Island.

When I applied I listed that I volunteered services on the Island of Hilo. The woman who opened the account didn't ask for any sort of proof. I remembered that my brother did go to school on the Island before moving to China. She said since he lived and went school on the Island and although wasn't a member, I could still join because he technically would of qualified for membership. So then she asked me what his school address was, she used that as my physical address and used my actual physical address as my mailing address.  She said leave the account open about a month and I would be more then welcome to complete an address change back to my physical home address.  She was real nice and more then willing to help me join anyway she could.