Sign in to follow this  
walkerbtac

How long of a memory does Barclays have?

So back in 2009, I had an US Air Credit card with turned into a Barclays card. It went to CO and then a judgement. I recently applied for the AA card (I travel a lot for work). I received a denial letter from them stating a "past negative experience" . How long do they blacklist for? The balance was $9K (I think).....

Thanks,

So back in 2009, I had an US Air Credit card with turned into a Barclays card. It went to CO and then a judgement. I recently applied for the AA card (I travel a lot for work). I received a denial letter from them stating a "past negative experience" . How long do they blacklist for? The balance was $9K (I think).....

Thanks,

At least 9 years ;)

Do you take AA a lot for work? Does your work allow you to place all expenses on a personal card? If so, you might want to look at the Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Are you seeking the AA card for the EQMs/EQDs you can earn from spending?

Yes. Not sure I'll make Ex Platinum this year.

That's why I use mine. Certainly not because I need any AA miles...

Must be longer than 9yrs for some of us. In 2006 I charged off two of their cards for a total of about 3k. Every time I apply they tell me to go fly.......... . Two weeks ago........go fly.

They're like elephants... Back in 2005, my ex girlfriend had a card with them and I was an authorized user. We broke up, and I was taken off of the account and it was no longer on my credit report. She ran the card up afterwards and defaulted. I applied just last year with them and they declined me with a 849 TU FICO!!!! I talked at length with the credit dept and all they could say was that there was some negative history and that they couldn't extend credit to me even though I had damn near a perfect credit score... Needless to say, I'm done with them. I tried my damndest to explain what happened and that I never defaulted with them but they couldn't have cared less...

Good to know lol, I have have two Barclays COs that are falling off my reports in August. I won't bother with them ever again!

I included Amex and Barclays in BK7 in 2004.  Amex let me back in with their Delta and basic Green cards in 2015.  I didn't try to apply with Amex for the first 10 years.  I recently flew American Airlines and they're pushing their Barclays cards on every flight.  It was a good miles offer so I applied on 10/27/18.  Denied with no credit pull due to past history.  So, 14 years and counting.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:05 PM, AaronR said:

They're like elephants... Back in 2005, my ex girlfriend had a card with them and I was an authorized user. We broke up, and I was taken off of the account and it was no longer on my credit report. She ran the card up afterwards and defaulted. I applied just last year with them and they declined me with a 849 TU FICO!!!! I talked at length with the credit dept and all they could say was that there was some negative history and that they couldn't extend credit to me even though I had damn near a perfect credit score... 

yikes... that's brutal!!!

My data point.

At least 11 years.

I burned a Juniper credit card back in about 2007 and Barclays won't approve me for the same reasons you are receiving.