Sign in to follow this  
ManImCool

Starting new WhyChat process, very quick question

Hi Whychat/everyone,

I just received a letter from a CA for a medical account. This account has already been paid off directly to the OC. This CA account is not reporting to my CRAs yet, saying I have 30 days to respond or else it will be considered valid.

I am preparing to send the Letter to CA on Medical Account letter (https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html) as my first letter.

Near the end of the letter I am drafting, where it says to insert State in this sentence: "...that may be time-barred as well as in violation of (name of your State) medical privacy rules." Do I put the state where I reside? Or the state where the CA is located? I live in California, the CA is in Wisconsin.

Thanks!

Hi Whychat/everyone,

I just received a letter from a CA for a medical account. This account has already been paid off directly to the OC. This CA account is not reporting to my CRAs yet, saying I have 30 days to respond or else it will be considered valid.

I am preparing to send the Letter to CA on Medical Account letter (https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html) as my first letter.

Near the end of the letter I am drafting, where it says to insert State in this sentence: "...that may be time-barred as well as in violation of (name of your State) medical privacy rules." Do I put the state where I reside? Or the state where the CA is located? I live in California, the CA is in Wisconsin. California--which also has additional restrictions against out of State CAs

Thanks!

Hi Whychat/everyone,

Near the end of the letter I am drafting, where it says to insert State in this sentence: "...that may be time-barred as well as in violation of (name of your State) medical privacy rules." Do I put the state where I reside? Or the state where the CA is located? I live in California, the CA is in Wisconsin. California--which also has additional restrictions against out of State CAs

Thanks!

Hi Whychat,

In response to my initial letter to CA on Medical Account letter, I received the following in response:

- A OC "Hospital Billing Detail Statement" showing $188.64 "past due," and it has a "Report Data Date: 03/30/2018."

- A CA Invoice listing the OC, a "Creditor Account Number," Date of Service, and Account Balance

I paid this $188.64 directly to the OC a couple weeks after the date of service (date of service 9/15/17, paid 9/27/17). I can see this payment logging into OC website, and it currently shows a balance of 0.00.

What is my next step?

Thank you!

Keep it for your records. Make sure you are opted out. This looks like a JDB got hold of your data before you paid the OC. If they had been in a CURRENT business relationship they would not have responded the way they did.

If it ever shows up on your reports you can dispute it and file a complaint against them.

Keep it for your records. Make sure you are opted out. This looks like a JDB got hold of your data before you paid the OC. If they had been in a CURRENT business relationship they would not have responded the way they did.

If it ever shows up on your reports you can dispute it and file a complaint against them.

So there's really nothing to do at this time, whether to the OC, or to redemand a current relationship from the CA? Just wait and see if it shows up on the reports?

Also, I will check right now (this is actually for a friend) to make sure she is opted out, but if she isn't opted out (will make her do that ASAP today) does that matter or effect this process?

Edited by ManImCool

Opting out helps prevent poisoning of your friend's reports with invalid accounts obtained through data miners.

Are you SURE that your friend has obtained all her CURRENT credit reports from each CRA and NOT from a 3rd party site like Kredit Karma??

I will confirm this. Is she looking to confirm that as of today, the CA hasn't dinged her on any of the 3 reports?

Yes