Tuft & Needle Mattress (aka Bed in a Box)

The last post in this topic was posted 1073 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Anyone familiar with the Tuft & Needle mattresses? Frame was supposed to be delivered 3/17/18, but won't come until tomorrow; hopefully. Amazon gave me a $10 credit on my account.

My old bed was from 2006 (The Original Mattress factory) and just killing my back even with a memory foam topper. I gave it to someone (for free) who is very pleased and could not be happier. Currently I'm sleeping on an air mattress; $60.00 from Wal-Mart. Actually the air mattress is very firm. Cosmos very happy, but can't hide under it.

The man from FedEx was very kind to schlep it up three steps for me. The frame is about 40 pounds and I bought a heavy duty frame, the best I could find and afford.

I know to many firmness is pretty subjective. I've read so many reviews on Amazon and it's kind of hard to tell what is true or false. I have a 30 day return window, but if this mattress is not working out, I have no idea how to get it back to Amazon. it's 70 pounds and when you open all the plastic covering, it fully expands. T&N offer a 100 night guarantee but Amazon on 30 days. Some reviews state if the bed is too firm that T&N will send out a mattress topper free of charge, but don't know if purchases from Amazon qualify. This is setting me back a big chunk of change folks. $575 for the mattress, about $120 for the frame, a new mattress pad, and new sheets. I had a king before and its just too big for me. My BF in PIT has a queen and it works for the three of us: including a 18 pound Jack Russell terrier who tends to sleep horizontal.

I did check out local mattress shops but everything is bait and switch. The place I bought my first mattress from is priced way out of my range. The sticker shock nearly killed me. The Tempura beds and the clones are thousands of dollars. They had similar bed in a box at Costco but they're were extremely heavy and would not fit in my very compact car. Plus, I'd need to take hot back to the store to return and would never be able to get it into the box.

I really want to like this and to be positive and give a good review. Damn anxiety.

Edited by Cosmos Human

I have one of these. I remember paying $100 for it, a California King, back in 2009. Still have it and still love it. I have a 1.5" memory foam topper on it. My dog loves is too. Can't comment on the firmness since it is indeed subjective like BBQ sauce and sex toys.

Edited by Quit Screwing Me

Second night as bad as the first. Mattress is hard as a brick, although my JRT Cosmo had no complaints.

How was the sex toy, though?

No toys.
A little strategically-placed barbecue sauce and a JRT might work too. Edited by cv91915

It came rolled up and compressed in a box. But its rock hard and Im usually a side sleeper. Hurts my shoulder. Amazon gives a 30 day guarantee. If it doesnt soften up in two weeks, Im contacting Amazon. I have no idea how Id ship this back to Amazon.

T&N does not have a Firm mattress. In fact, they have only one kind and for me it was soft when I tried in their showroom.

I just checked. I thought it was sarcasm when called Tuft & Needles, lol. It's a real brand I didn't know of. Sounds lumpy and itchy.

To me, it’s rock hard. People name their products weird. They also have a higher end mattress, but the name escapes me.

The last post in this topic was posted 1073 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.