Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Disputing addresses in writing, what to include?

The last post in this topic was posted 848 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I need to send in info to Experian (ID, SS card, and a utility bill) to dispute an old address. I'm going to write a letter to dispute the address with all of the info requested. Should I just go ahead and dispute with Experian and trans union the same way? I know usually we should volunteer information and evidence but is that really doing so when it comes to addresses?

don't dispute addresses in writing. especially with EX. <1% chance of success.

dispute them over the phone.

Thank you, I was going to dispute via mail because they said they needed proof of ID, address, and SS number.

I was able to call Trans Union and have everything removed (that was super easy). Experian will not budge on any of the addresses because they are all tied to a tradeline on my report. Not sure how to go about fixing that. I am going to call Equifax now.

I had success with Experian using a letter. I included a copy of my W-2 and drivers license. Good luck to you. Letter is below.

Date

CRA

123 Main St

Anywhere, State 12345

Dear CRA:

Please be advised that you are reporting the wrong address information on my credit report.

My current address is:

(List your current address)

Please remove the following address from my report as it does not belong to me and is being reported in error:

Wrong Address:

(List wrong address)

I have included proof of my current address and proof of my social security number for your review. I will await an updated copy of my credit report to reflect these changes.

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely,

Joe Smith

123 Main St.

Anywhere, State 12345

SS#

DOB:

Okay you said Experian in your original post. You mean Equifax. They can be a pain when it comes to ID verification.

In terms of Experian you just have to keep trying until you get a CSR that wants to play ball. I called many times over several months until I finally found one who was willing to delete any address I wanted.

Edited by shifter

The last post in this topic was posted 848 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.