Sign in to follow this  
fthomasjr

Advice on how to address "too many new accounts" during recon...

I have 5 new revolvers and 1 new auto loan since Sept. 2017. Late last night, I app'd the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business card for 1-year-old side business (LLC) with $55K in revenue. They pulled TU (FICO 8 is 773) and I got the dreaded 10-day message that my account was being reviewed. Today, I get an alert that they attempted to pull my EX CR. I'm anticipating that when I call the credit analyst this evening I'm going to have to address the new accounts (one of them is Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red).

Any recommendations/suggestions/excuses (LOL!) that might satisfy the credit analysts impending interrogation?

TIA, CBers!!

I have 5 new revolvers and 1 new auto loan since Sept. 2017. Late last night, I app'd the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business card for 1-year-old side business (LLC) with $55K in revenue. They pulled TU (FICO 8 is 773) and I got the dreaded 10-day message that my account was being reviewed. Today, I get an alert that they attempted to pull my EX CR. I'm anticipating that when I call the credit analyst this evening I'm going to have to address the new accounts (one of them is Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red).

Any recommendations/suggestions/excuses (LOL!) that might satisfy the credit analysts impending interrogation?

TIA, CBers!!

Organizing expenses worked like a charm for the M&M card less then a month ago for me.

TIA, CBers!!

Organizing expenses worked like a charm for the M&M card less then a month ago for me.

Thanks for the response. What do you mean organizing expenses? I'm not sure if I understand.

Don't know why you're worried before you even call. I did an aggressive building a few years ago and rarely heard anything about new accounts except from CUs. But since this is a business card you don't even have to address them and it's especially unlikely you will hear about them. Those are personal cards, you need this card for your business to keep expenses separate.

TIA, CBers!!

Thanks for the response. What do you mean organizing expenses? I'm not sure if I understand.
I said I like to keep different expenses separate, like groceries, travel, or anything else.... So I like to have separate cards for them. I stressed that I was not applying for more credit, rather just a separate card, as you see I have extremely low utilization

What do you mean organizing expenses? I'm not sure if I understand.

Clearly your "side business" isn't a real business at all. Don't let them know that.

Any real business needs to keep expenses separate from personal expenses for accounting and taxes and liability. Comingling business funds and personal is dangerous from a business perspective.

Don't know why you're worried before you even call. I did an aggressive building a few years ago and rarely heard anything about new accounts except from CUs. But since this is a business card you don't even have to address them and it's especially unlikely you will hear about them. Those are personal cards, you need this card for your business to keep expenses separate.

Thanks, Shifter! I'm not worried. It's just a card. I'm just trying to be as best prepared as possible.

Additionally, I agree it's a business card, however, I'm pretty sure Barclays doesn't really care about that fact especially since I'm going to have to PG it.

What do you mean organizing expenses? I'm not sure if I understand.

Clearly your "side business" isn't a real business at all. Don't let them know that.

Any real business needs to keep expenses separate from personal expenses for accounting and taxes and liability. Comingling business funds and personal is dangerous from a business perspective.

It actually is a legitimate business. I call it a "side business" because I have a w-2 job where I earn an income.

TIA, CBers!!

I said I like to keep different expenses separate, like groceries, travel, or anything else.... So I like to have separate cards for them. I stressed that I was not applying for more credit, rather just a separate card, as you see I have extremely low utilization

Got it. Thank you for clarifying.

It actually is a legitimate business. I call it a "side business" because I have a w-2 job where I earn an income.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking your business. I'm not saying that you don't make money. But it's very important that you separate business expenses from personal, completely separate, this is why you need this business card. And on a side note you need a separate bank account as well and be sure to keep all your business expenses separate.

And don't go using the new business card for personal expenses either. That's just as bad if not worse.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking your business. I'm not saying that you don't make money. But it's very important that you separate business expenses from personal, completely separate, this is why you need this business card. And on a side note you need a separate bank account as well and be sure to keep all your business expenses separate.

And don't go using the new business card for personal expenses either. That's just as bad if not worse.

Got it! Thank you for sharing your credit wisdom.

Barclays has been known lately to be whiny about new accounts.

Give them whatever lip service they need to hear about your newish revolvers, but try to steer the conversation towards this new account and how your CPA has directed you to get a business CC to stop co-mingling expenses. Bring up that you fly AA and want free bags, the no FTF blah blah blah

Barclays has been known lately to be whiny about new accounts.

Give them whatever lip service they need to hear about your newish revolvers, but try to steer the conversation towards this new account and how your CPA has directed you to get a business CC to stop co-mingling expenses. Bring up that you fly AA and want free bags, the no FTF blah blah blah

Ummm, Konrad. Can you repeat that???...I was a little distracted by the wet t-shirt contest... :rofl: Ummm yeah!

No, seriously, thank you for the input! I appreciate it!