Delete old addresses & names

The last post in this topic was posted 1082 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So I'm starting the journey to clean my credit file. I've spent the past 2-3 weeks reviewing the forums as best possible and think I am now ready to begin.

I haven't pulled my CR in a few years. So I went ahead and got a free EXP & TU thru Annualcreditreport, but was unable to get a free EQ online. My Fico9 score thru Wells Fargo is 568 and thru Credit Karma is 571 EQ & 527 TU. I have opted out recently.

My understanding is that I need to order paid reports from all 3 CRAs to dispute off of instead of the free ones from ACR. When checking online at the 3 CRA websites, I see that EXP offers a 3-Bureau report + score for $39.99. EQ offers report & score for $15.95. And it looks like you need to sign up on TU for their monthly credit monitoring for $19.95 to get a report.

Questions...

1) Is there a better or cheaper way to get paid copies of my CR? Can I do this by calling the CRA directly? Or order by mail?

2) Can I go ahead and start requesting to remove old addresses and names from the 2 CRs that i have now, or wait for the paid reports to arrive?

Thanks in advance!

• Admin

So I'm starting the journey to clean my credit file. I've spent the past 2-3 weeks reviewing the forums as best possible and think I am now ready to begin.

I haven't pulled my CR in a few years. So I went ahead and got a free EXP & TU thru Annualcreditreport, but was unable to get a free EQ online. My Fico9 score thru Wells Fargo is 568 and thru Credit Karma is 571 EQ & 527 TU. I have opted out recently.

My understanding is that I need to order paid reports from all 3 CRAs to dispute off of instead of the free ones from ACR. When checking online at the 3 CRA websites, I see that EXP offers a 3-Bureau report + score for $39.99. EQ offers report & score for $15.95. And it looks like you need to sign up on TU for their monthly credit monitoring for $19.95 to get a report.

Questions...

1) Is there a better or cheaper way to get paid copies of my CR? Can I do this by calling the CRA directly? Or order by mail?

2) Can I go ahead and start requesting to remove old addresses and names from the 2 CRs that i have now, or wait for the paid reports to arrive?

Thanks in advance!

The only issue with using the annualcreditreport.com reports is that they will then have 45 days to respond rather than 30. so don't worry about that. Likely Equifax wants proof of ID. What did it say when they wouldn't give you the report?

Welcome, or welcome back. Looks like you've been a member for a while, so I guess life got in the way of credit repair. It's never too late, and never too bad if you're ready. Nobody's ready til they're ready.

Thanks Breeze. Yeah, I've been here a while, but just now getting around to doing something about it. Kinda overwhelming at first, but I intend to be persistent!

In regards to the EQ report from annualcreditreport.com... After I answered the EQ questions, it then said that "Online delivery unavailable. We are not able to delivery your free Equifax Annual Credit Report online.", and then directed me to order one by mail. At this point, I was just going to go ahead and order paid reports from all individual CRAs. But, I'm assuming if I order the 3-Bureau report + score from EXP for $39.99, then this will keep me in the 30-day response? So I don't need to order directly from EQ or TU?

The last post in this topic was posted 1082 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.